S..Mike

Time to reflect, and impending Radio Silence...

So, in real life, when I'm not playing game, I work as a civil engineer.  We work on land development, highways, water projects, and other such public works projects.  It involves a lot of very complex problems, that we have to break into smaller complex problems.  Those smaller complex problems get split up again and again until we can start solving things piece by piece.  At certain milestones in the project development process, we have internal reviews to make sure each team is on the right track.  Usually there is a nod of approval and we keep to the task at hand.  Every now and then, there is a pause, and that look where something isn't quite right.  Then, it's time to step back, take stock, and think through the problem again.

So I relate this story, because that is where I find myself at this point in time for FSA-3.  The swift feedback regarding Battle Shunts (along with everything else) means that for me, at least, it's time to step back and take a little bit of time to evaluate the state of things.  It is so easy to get tunnel vision on one specific issue, and lose sight of a larger picture.  Given the volumes of feedback received on all parts of FSA-3, I need some time to digest it all.  Perhaps you do as well...I've thrown a lot at the community over the past couple of weeks.

I'm going to be less active on the boards over the next day or three.  Also, Gen Con 50 (woo hoo!) is coming next week, and I will be under self imposed Radio Silence for the duration of the con.  It's my annual time to disconnect from the world, to play games, and generally relax by exhausting myself in playing games.  I hope to see many of you there, maybe even inflict (and receive) a critical hit or two on the game table!

I would invite everyone else to do the same..step back and take a breath.  Your mileage may vary, but I think it could do us all some good.  Plus, it will make my life a bit easier to catch up on here once I do get back. :D

Thanks for understanding, talk to you all soon!

Mike

@Spartan_FA_Mike

The volume of information and feedback has been such that by the time I start to consider one issue another is brought up so I completely understand.

I'm looking forward to bringing my Aquans to Gen Con and testing some of these new rules. I'll be there with my fleet, space mat and terrain on Thursday so be ready!

Thanks abunch for posting all the info, and for putting up with us afterwards. I appreciate it very much. I will not be be at gen con but to those who will be good luck and good hunting!

<<END RADIO SILENCE>>

Well, GenCon 50 is in the books.  It was a much needed 5 days away from work and life in general.  It was great to meet and toss dice with several of you at the Operation Aurum Draco event.  I look forward to many such events in the future.

The players at GenCon were able to get the 3rd edition rules on the table, and all of them provided great feedback on what worked, what didn't, and how things ought to be changed.  They also provided input on the ships that were used, and that helps as we are looking at the re-stat of things.

I kept tabs on a few things, but cell coverage was not the best, so I didn't try to respond to anything.  I'm going back through threads now, looking for items to address.   If I miss something that you're wanting an answer to, let me know and I'll get around to it when I can.

Mike

Welcome back! 

So - now you've had some live play testing 

1) Whats on the block for being changed, and maybe some of the why

2) When can we have the stats and enough rules to start beta testing this bad boy 

On 8/22/2017 at 0:21 AM, Sniddy said:

Welcome back! 

So - now you've had some live play testing 

1) Whats on the block for being changed, and maybe some of the why

2) When can we have the stats and enough rules to start beta testing this bad boy 

@Sniddy

The short answer to both of these is that I'm waiting to get hold of Neil to coordinate post-GenCon.

@slk28850, hope we can meet on the battlefield next year!