Cernunnos

Questions about the Overseer box set

it's officially called the anethma probe

DR8, CR12, Mv 2', Hp5, CP 0, AP 0, Pd 0, Mn 0, shields 10, wings 0, turn limit 0

weapon anethma beam (fore) unlimited range, all ships require one additional success to pass command checks to avoid the gates dimensional pulse, while within the area of the beam (see below)

MARs elusive target, unyielding construct (see below), maneuverable, unmanned

gate stats (DR10) (CR16) (Mv-) (HP10) (CP10) (AP0) (PD0) (Mn0) (shield 10) (wings 0) turn limit 0

in one scenario the DR starts at 6, CR at 12, and shields at 2 powering up by one each round until hitting it's full stats

dimensional pulse- no weapons, but it constantly tries to pull things in requiring command checks, needing 3 successes within 10 inches, 2 in 20, 2 in 30, and one in 40 inch range bands failure moves the model XD6 toward the gate, with X=the models tier, any model that touches the gate is "destroyed"

it's also a difficult target, unmanned, and has a new Mar unyielding construct that means- it can't suffer critical effects, targeted strike, or cyber except crew loss, otherwise just the HP

Yeah, those stats are why I'm a little leery of Saurians using Overseer tech.  The Overseers are/were a scenario McGuffin, not a playable race.  Presumably the Saurians will be WAY toned down from that, but at that point are they really using Overseer tech?

8 hours ago, reddwarf said:

Yeah, those stats are why I'm a little leery of Saurians using Overseer tech.  The Overseers are/were a scenario McGuffin, not a playable race.  Presumably the Saurians will be WAY toned down from that, but at that point are they really using Overseer tech?

same types of shield generator, less shields, still overseer tech ;) it's all in the fluff

2 hours ago, Cernunnos said:

@Polaris Thanks for posting those stats! I really appreciate seeing them. I'm assuming, then, there is a scenario included with the box set?

if you are planning on getting it, it's a great set of games, if you want I can message the specific scenarios to you (though it may be a couple days) :) 

@Cernunnos, the latest blog about firestorm armada and planetfall, "Return to Proteus Prime" have a download link to the Return of the Overseers

guide book. It contains all the scenarios, ships stats and pretty interesting narratives.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/return-to-proteus-prime

You can find the link just above the picture of the two fleets (the same pic you posted on this thread).

All the best ;)

4 hours ago, Marden said:

@Cernunnos, the latest blog about firestorm armada and planetfall, "Return to Proteus Prime" have a download link to the Return of the Overseers

guide book. It contains all the scenarios, ships stats and pretty interesting narratives.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/return-to-proteus-prime

You can find the link just above the picture of the two fleets (the same pic you posted on this thread).

All the best ;)

Saw the blog but totally missed the links...

Thanks!