FSAHoops

First game of 2.5

So I finally sat down yesterday (Saturday 5th) and got my first and second game of 2.5! I noticed a few things with my games.

1. The Lord Hood is a brilliant lil boat. I need a second without any doubt! It very quickly gets put on the "kill list" so I needed to be smart.

2. The Ruler has a lot of guns, which I liked, it just isn't very tough. With a DR/CR of 6/10 it got plinked away to combat ineffective within 2 turns, too easily. Granted this was against CoA with energy turrets, but I feel it would be much better at 7/10. (@Spartan Mike one for you there)

3. The Vengeance has a huge damage output. 14 AD at RB2 is phenomenal. However all it takes is chaos & disarray and you're utterly combat USELESS. No other weapons and all it takes is one result to turn a 150 point sub into so many tonnes of floating scrap (I was also unlucky enough to get an engine 1/2 too). Also 6/8 was rather squishy, 7/9 would be better especially seeing as it has no shields.

4. The Regent is a brilliant carrier. The front guns are brilliant, but the turret mounted torps are kinda wasted as they never got used once. Pulse is also a bit pants as so few nations have mines. I'd rather pay another 10 or so base points for a useful gene.

in general I know I'm still learning with the KoB, but they are a fun, different nation to the FSA I'm used to. Have to think about moves a lot more with the Brits thanks to the fixed channels.

Re point 3:

3) The other weapon of the Vengeance is its IR 10 :D 6/8 is pretty good, considering enemy has to halve the AD of each gun (barring Torps) AND hitting on 5+ (or 6+), while the sub can utilize its target painter to strike back at better odds. 

On 6/08/2017 at 8:01 PM, FSAHoops said:

4. The Regent is a brilliant carrier. The front guns are brilliant, but the turret mounted torps are kinda wasted as they never got used once. Pulse is also a bit pants as so few nations have mines. I'd rather pay another 10 or so base points for a useful gene.

The torp turret is for later in the game once the ship has taken too much damage to do anything else. If you are a lucky person and already have the kickstarter med carriers you can attach one to the Regent; they also have a torp turret and can help the Regent with the carrier points.
I always buy the shield for the regent, but the pulse can be useful if you have something (eagle, hawks,Illustrious) drop mines near a group of ships then pulse the mine to blow the ships up (on a side note also funny to just make linked mines blow up in the end phase since ours are sentient and blow up if you try and move them, i dont think they have changed that from 2.0)