Sign in to follow this  
Orson76

Why no QRS in 2.5 rulebook

I have just received my softback version of the 2.5 rulebook and unlike 2.0 there is no QRS in the book. There is no pdf on the downloads page either frankly for a rulebook of this size this is ridiculous.

I believe they said they were at the page count limit before there would have been a big change in the book production.  So they took out a few things like that.

I'm sure there will be reference sheets made soon enough, and the internet is a better place for them than the book anyway.  But as is clear, there are a lot of things that need to be done and a limited number of people that can do them, so not everything can be a top priority.  And I'm find with a reference sheet being one of those things because even if they made one the fans would be making their own.  I think there are a few reference sheets around the forums already, I know there is at least change-logs between the previous rules and the new ones.

I am about to demo 2.5 this Sunday. I did ademo at aconvention that went well, but a QRS would have helped a lot. If there is one around I need to know. In 2.0 the summary tables found on Element 270 were enormously helpful. Theincreases the speed of the game and made it MUCH more accessible to beginners. I can't emphasize enough how much they help with learning the game. 

38 minutes ago, Ozysturn said:

I am currently working to update the Element 270 QRS's for myself and my club members.  Once complete I will try and post them here and with Element 270.

Many thanks!, Can I ask what software you are using? Word, Excel, desktop publishing? I tried to short cut the task by converting the PDF- not very helpful. If I was better at Excel or word , or any of those I could do it in a timely fashion, but I ain't. 

I have restared the QRS using word and typing all the info in.  Once completed I will format it to a PDF so it can be uploaded to my Dropbox account for easy access.  Little bit hard to do during my spare time as currently relying on work computer or public Computers.

Morning all from down under, 

after having to purchase a new computer I am now almost finished doing a 2.5 QRS for all those interested.

Now i can never say I am purfect, or understand every single rule.  Heck I play something like 12 different game system and it's hard enough remembering that an exploding 6 does not help my laser pointer humans against a green horde.  So in this frame of mind I wish to send out the QRS to a few people to cross check and give some feedback to my work before I post them online.

this is open to anyone, including anyone @spartan that may have some spare time to look them over.

s far I have completed the MARs, Weapons&Munitions and Summary Sheets.  Should have the Generators done by end of today and the Size&Function by the end of this week.

so if you are interested please send me a private message with your email address.

Thanks in advance, now off to work,

Ozysturn

Vanguard from Down Under.