Pushpop

Question for Spartan Games

Don't forget Spartan Games is UK based so heading over to the USA is no small feat for them in costs - esp for a small company - esp as they are clearly somewhat heavily pressured at present with kickstarters and a lot of marketing and work to do.

Also I recall reading that Niel has been rather ill and in/out of hospital so chances are that also put a stopper on attending international events. 

They were scheduled to have a booth, I believe, but apparently something came up. There are at least a few Spartan Vanguards attending and running events. There is an Armada event on Thursday evening, and I am running three 2-hour Planetfall games on Friday (which have slots still available). I don't know about Dystopian or either of the Halo games, but there might be something happening. 

Thanks for the replys! Was just wondering because I really enjoy this game and I'm hoping with a little bit of marketing at major events like gen con it can increase its player base and get the recognition it deserves! It's just a smal pond to cross :P

Hi Pushpop,

Thanks for your post, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Sadly we are not attending GenCon this year, and the decision to not attend comes back to my unfortunate ill health earlier in the year.

Without going into too much detail, I was diagnosed with an illness about three years ago which escalated earlier this year (around the time of Salute in April) and resulted in a period of time for me in intensive care. Luckily for me the marvellous NHS in the UK managed to get me back on my feet, but unfortunately I need weekly care in a local hospital. This meant I could not attend GenCon, and my wife, who also attends GenCon with me, was unable to attend. So the decision not to go was sadly made.

The folk at GenCon have been tremendously helpful and understanding about our not attending and we very much appreciate their support. We also look to being back next year as we love hopping across the pond.

We do indeed have Vanguards in attendance.

Hope that helps and any queries, drop me an email at neil@spartangames.co.uk

All the best,

Neil

Hi Guys,

If anyone is planning to play one of our games at GenCon let me know via email (neil@spartangames.co.uk) and we can create a blog giving out the details and if you want to send us any images during or after the event we can poist those as well.

All the best,

Neil

Thanks Lord Nobody, Kind words. I have to admit to not doing a good job of things for a while, but I am very much hoping that now I have control of things again I will improve things for you guys. We've had amazing support over the years, for which I greatly thank folk, and although we've had some glitches along the way, I look forward to many more years with you all!

Neil

Hi Fracas,

I have to agree with you there, that is for sure. I went into a bit if a dark space following the sad deaths of several family members and when I was diagnosed with my own illness I have to say I collapsed a little. I've always been a private person and talking about stuff like that isn't really me. April was an interesting time, but the fortitude of my wife, children and the amazing NHS have me on my feet again... and the prognosis is very good indeed. :)

So here's to what is coming next and giving my games the love they, and you all, deserve.

Neil

I can't speak to the other games, but there are two organized events happening at GenCon this year for Firestorm Armada.   We will be at the  Union Station :: Milwuakee :: 7--8 on Wednesday at 5PM, and at the  ICC :: Hall B : Yellow :: 1--2 on Thursday at 6 PM.   There are still slots open for Wednesday night, but feel free to stop by and say hello either night.

See you in Indy!