Sign in to follow this  
Vedar

Are we going to get a preview like FA?

I see the talk on the new FA is in full swing. Quite a few things seem to be pulled from PF to the new FA. Are we going to get a preview of what is coming for PF?

Also if I may ask what is the plan for cloaked units if FA and PF if they are going to be more closely alined? Current cloaking in FA gave a great distinct feel to the Relthoza. Tough when cloaked but paper armor when de-cloaked. Cloaking in PF was much toned down being always on and only a slight defensive advantage. Are Relthoza in FA getting tougher? Are Relthoza units in PF getting much of a stat change?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Paradomutante said:

i dont like an starter with pathogen/saurian, i would prefer a more clasic aproach, like dindrenzi vs Terran. Both factions are pretty good looking models.

Agree.

but a saurians & pathogen planetfall starter would complement the armada starter.

Saurian & Pathogen is a weird choice for Armada. It is even Weirder for Planetfall. 

I think a Kurak vs Zenian would have been ideal. Relthoza vs Sorylian has not been done for Armada and would have been the next logical step IMHO. 

If they had wanted to do Pathogen in a starter I think Overseers would have been a cooler pairing. 

Neil mentioned in one of the other threads that the saurians use overseer tech and pretend they invented it. Perhaps they are using the saurians as a lead in for the overseers? I agree thematically a kurak vs zenian set would make the most sense. It would tie in with the next Planetfall released as well or at least what it sounds like they would be.

However, I will be thrilled with almost any new release for Planetfall.

Focus fire is still in and better than ever. Command points as last released where readily breakable. Zenian majority use of kenetic still counters all alliance defenses. If it was a good terran unit it got nerfed. Expect delays as they need to remake the relthozans into a whole different army again in case a few players of that faction didn't blow a gasket the last time.

3 hours ago, CoreHunter said:

Focus fire is still in and better than ever. Command points as last released where readily breakable. Zenian majority use of kenetic still counters all alliance defenses. If it was a good terran unit it got nerfed. Expect delays as they need to remake the relthozans into a whole different army again in case a few players of that faction didn't blow a gasket the last time.

wow, im trying not to look too close till the dust settles and i dont get too p***ed off.....if you know what i mean;)

1 hour ago, alamo said:

wow, im trying not to look too close till the dust settles and i dont get too p***ed off.....if you know what i mean;)

same here. I've got plenty of things to focus on while waiting for my DW kickstarter to arrive.

12 hours ago, WestAustralian said:

Saurian & Pathogen is a weird choice for Armada. It is even Weirder for Planetfall. 

I think a Kurak vs Zenian would have been ideal. Relthoza vs Sorylian has not been done for Armada and would have been the next logical step IMHO. 

If they had wanted to do Pathogen in a starter I think Overseers would have been a cooler pairing. 

If there is no plans for new core helix models for the major six, the new starter sets would have to be either two natural ally, or complement armada set