The Orbats are still worked on. The ones you can download on Spartan's website are only 2.5 compatible temporary rules.

When the final versions goes live there will be all alliances nations available.

They are coming! We are getting it all rolled out for you guys to get gaming and playing in 2.5... with some new ones coming soon (operation:northstar!)

When we have all these preliminary ORBATS out, we can start the exciting process of getting all the awesome tooling and balanced polish applied to all the nations, with all the new bells and whistles that you have all been enthusiastically asking and recommending.

-Mike

11 minutes ago, Spartan Mike said:

They are coming! We are getting it all rolled out for you guys to get gaming and playing in 2.5... with some new ones coming soon (operation:northstar!)

When we have all these preliminary ORBATS out, we can start the exciting process of getting all the awesome tooling and balanced polish applied to all the nations, with all the new bells and whistles that you have all been enthusiastically asking and recommending.

-Mike

The same thing applies to fleet action

Here's hoping it goes quick. 

Tough spot, especially because the models are also delayed, especially for those with personalized rulebooks. The new rules really do look to be quite good with many of the interactions and complications handled quite well. There will be more pressure for an official FAQ dealing with the copy and content mistakes and clarifications being identified. On that I think if there are tentative clarifications placed into the forums it will really quiet the complaints, even if those clarifications change in the end. Just gives us something to work with.

Putting so much of the needed rule modifications ( NARs? Nationality Assigned Rules?) into the ORBATS introduces some flexibility that will pay off but right now it feels like Summer road repair, we all know that in the end it is needed and will be better, but for endless months our (game playing) lives are harder.

For ORBATs the process revealed is first get everything 2.5 compliant, then finish all the changes and post it all within, say, days of each other.  Possibly Seven Majors finished and posted first.

An orderly process. But not the one many expected. For many it was seven majors 2.5 compliant, then seven majors finished, then minors both compliant and finished, by mid-July. This latest output reveals more and, at least for me I think, expectations are better aligned to reality. It took about 8 weeks to get the minors compliant. I assume that the changes to finish all the ORBATS are not completely ready but close and so that process will start soon, say 1st week of August. How long that takes depends on how much there is and, importantly, the adjustments that will likely be revealed as you see all the interactions together in one place. However long you honestly think it will take it, will be at least 150% longer.  I am hoping it is by the end of August but I expect mid-September. That may be overly optimistic.

If you can, let us know your truly best estimate, but I would include a caveat it that there may be unanticipated delays as things come together. 

At least you know we really want 2.5. If no one was complaining it could mean trouble.

Hang in there Spartan Mike