Hive

So, uh... Fighter combat.

They are more complex. In the previous narrative I never really liked the 'appendage' nature of them. So I stitched them more into the galaxy's history, defined their increased role and linked them to the Overseers. So no longer a Sorylian off-shoot. Independent race in their own right with an enhanced narrative.

It was easy to do with them as their narrative had never fully been formed.

Hope that helps.

Neil

Very cool, they sound very interesting. Definitely looking forward to seeing more about them. 

Is it fair to say they will almost constitute an additional faction or is there factions they will work with?

By faction I mean alliance or super power separate from the Zenian League and Kurak Alliance.

1 hour ago, Spartan Neil said:

Well I can say I have never seen that name anywhere else........so way to go!

The Saurians kind of don't like ANYONE.......not even each other. We are still working on how they co-exist. To start with the civil war and killing the Pathogen is what fuels them.

Cheers,

Neil

They don't like ANYONE?  I like them even more now....

The biggest weakness for Pathogen as a faction is losing its identity and making it abusive game mechanics wise. There's been a few times where game developers have introduced factions that can poach units at whim from other factions and where sometimes it can be all out poaching. This tends to create a balance nightmare; plus you can quickly wind up with a min-max players ideal army letting them craft it out way more than others.But also at the core if you're always building an army from o ther faction units the army you're building loses its identity.

It's easy to craft a story to explain why pathogen has, for example, limited ship access and creations of its own; stolen ships from factions so minor that they don'tfeature in most intergalactic battles; ship types that form the bulk of the pathogen and thus are in the army because the pathogen infected a large number such as they are commonly encountered above all else (ergo the army as a faction is the "common" infected ships rather than all factions ships)

On 7/25/2017 at 6:35 PM, Spartan Neil said:

Hi Cannor,

Do you think a video showing screen to printer to mould prep to moulding would interest folk? Can be arranged. I found a box the other day with VERY old models in it, even some of the ones we rejected for release. I also dug out the original Terran Battleship and we started fiddling with updating it. It was quite odd going through the old model files from such a long time ago...

And your comment about the NHS is so true, they are magicians. I have nothing but high praise for their work and I thank my lucky stars for them. I'm only here bugging you on the forum because of their ability!

All the best,
Neil

@Spartan Neil Any chance you still have the moulds for the Medusa or it's tentacles? I've been searching non-stop to find one but to join avail. I for one would buy it right out if you remade one. What are the chances of brining back some of the old designs people love? What about specific bits, i.e. tentacles.

I'd find a video of the modeling process fascinating.

It would be really cool if Spartan could update and re-release the out of production models. If you did the Templars I would definitely be hunting for them! It could be a legacy series! 

I would find the modeling process very interesting.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not getting to the posts until now, hospital day and it was a mad old day!

OK, let's see:

Marden - changed things for the best we feel.

Cerunnos - she was a lovely model and I was talking to someone about her just the other day. I will see if we still moulds. We retired her due to cost I recall, but it would be nice to see he come back in some form. I will look to see if the moulds were stored away.

Skyhawk - another model I was talking about the other day. Your legacy comment is a fun one, and my conversation stemmed form a DW talk I had been having about older models an how we would handle the DW ones and whether some first gen models would benefit from new sculpts which brought them up to date. The talk then moved to FA and Chris raised mentioned the Templar, I think he had been playing with the old Razorthorn model. Some of those older models have me thinking about how nice we could make them now. Like I say, fun idea....

Pathogen - yeah, they kinda like everyone for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks ....

All the best,

Neil

If you're up for reproducing/repacking models, is there any chance of getting an Anarchist outside of the box set (and the other boxed models too, though not my priority).  I could really use a second, and I can't find anyone to split a box with me for the Aquans.  Not that I don't love my Directorate, but paying the price for an Overseers box for one Anarchist and some stuff I likely won't ever field is pretty sub-optimal.

Hi Paladin21,

Part of the whole 3.0 update is to take a top to bottom look at the FA and PF games and to hopefully make it easier for you all to buy the models you wall want. So yes, getting you a 2nd Anarchist is very much something we can make happen. That model will most certainly be going into its own packaging.

All the best,

Neil