Sign in to follow this  
Lurking Vanguard

Noob question about Stealth and spook

Hi,

Just started FSA after playing Dystopian wars for a couple of years.  One of the bigger differences seems to be the MARs that cause you to reroll all your successes like Stealth systems and Torpedo spook - D Wars doesn't have that mechanic.  I'm a bit confused about the wording though.  The statement "Only ONE dice is re-rolled for any 6’s scored" seems to suggest that you keep every 6 after the first.  So for Torpedo spook if I rolled 6 PD and got say two 2s, a 4, a 5 and two 6's, I would keep one 6 (which would explode) and then reroll the 4, the 5 and the other 6.  Is that the way it works? Sorry if been asked before, but couldn't find it elsewhere on the forum.  I play Terrans, but expect to p;lay Works Raptors next so will be relevant to both sides.

19 hours ago, Botticelli said:

Why less than 1/3AD?

Actually should have written 1/3 AD statistically.  Difficult target means only 5s and 6s hit, 1 in 3, then stealth means have to re-roll those dice and still only hit on 5s and 6s!  In Dystopian wars people on the forum compained about the French with cloud gen as being OP, but that only gave the same effect as difficult target. This is far more powerful isn't it?  Can see you how you could tune your fleet to reduce the damage on the way in, but gonna have to be really lucky notto have some big holes by the time you get to 20" of the untouched fleet of Works Raptors... Clearly they don't win all the tournaments, so what am I missing here?