Pathogen

DESIRE to know more INTENSIFIES!

I wish they hadn't 

In one way it opens them to criticism they don't have faith/can't support their own product

....I'll reserve judgement and do we get to see 3.0 before having a big money KS  waived under our noses

And what if the KS fails, or possibly worse barely scrapes in 

4 minutes ago, northerndragons said:

Then what does that say about another company who's near constant use of kickstarter has turned into a glorified pre-order system for them.

SG using kickstarter says one thing:  they want to do something epic and want to know how much interest there is in it.

OK so I saw the kickstarter on FB and it brought me back here to see the "excitement". I see this thrad with posts from 20 people, not all positive. If this is the excitement for FSA kickstarter, Spartan truly have killed the game - compare to now growing 8th edition 40k, with investement from a new approach GW. OK, so I won't look again at FSA.

Yeh it's a little toxic here, years of neglect can do that, and North if you mean CMON - that's their whole business model - Mantic locally have taken a lot of flak for the KS pump and dump - and unless they start really standing on their own 2 feet I think we're through with them 

The firestorm forums have become what the DW forums were before the New Ed. The successful KS has reienvigorated the DW scene at my local comunity, including tournaments. If the Firestorm KS can achieve the same, then lets get it going!

It's toxic here because a select few have their feelings hurt because Spartan won't listen to what they want,(and basically "who cares what anyone else wants"). Certain individuals over on the Firestorm Admirals page on Facebook continue to trash Spartan and gleefully predict it's demise. But on Facebook you can block them. Here you can't. Everyone I know except myself has stopped coming to the forums because they are tired of hearing it. Which leaves those select few to continue to make the atmosphere here toxic. Why should Spartan post anything on the forums when you can be sure that someone is going to find something negative to say? 

Indeed - talking the talk isn't walking the walk - as I said years of neglect can do that

Good to hear the KS gave DW a shot in the arm, what concerns me is you can't do that but more then once really - that and it creates hype bubbles, massive interest investment and commitment then onto the next one (ala Mantic) which after a while is a downward spiral and if they go down that route, 4.0 may be greeted with some cheer but then once the KS euphoria dies down and Spartan run off to deal with Planetfall 4.0 KS people throw the towel in. 

They have too many systems that need too much attention and too few staff 

So many products feel on life support and not flourishing 

if Spartan had the commitment this system and universe could thrive, true background lore,  some competitive support, tighter rules....more releases that feel fresher and unique. The product is there, the bones of something is there, but it's left to rot and fester as too busy to do more then prod it now and then to check it's still alive. 

Planetfall has had what 2 big released in what 3 years, 4?

Armada....invasions, task forces never followed through on (thankfully IMHO on taskforce) some factions not having seen anything in years 

Communication, bad - promises made and then broken then lied about having made a promise in some cases....

I honestly, honestly, think Spartan bit off more then they could chew, and lost so much ground when they had an open field got greedy (Halo) and let their flagship universe drift aimlessly

Without a huge expansion and or a culling/selling off I can't see Spartan running all these systems well enough the way they currently run - the local cheerleaders wither and fall silent and the product ends up in bargain bins and not restocked 

Sniddy has hit the nail on the head there - Spartan's biggest issue, by some distance, is that they have too many systems and not enough devs to support any of them properly. It doesn't help that their approach to game development priorities can be charitably described as "lacking focus or a long-term plan" and uncharitably described as "ADHD", or that they continue to act as though they don't have competitor systems to deal with.

All this is compounded by their constant failures in communication with the community, including, but by no means limited to, their consistent failure to keep promises.

Also, I've only seen one store with Spartan products in the past.... year or so? And that was a single Return of the Overseers set that was in the bargain bin, and looked like it had seen better days.

I think something that CorroPredo and his ilk don't understand is this - those of us that are naysayers *want* Spartan to do well. We're just honest enough to realise that without significant change that isn't going to happen, and the only way to convince them of the same is to complain. Loudly. In the (thus far vain) hope that they'll listen, make improvements, and everyone will be happier.

Especially since we know very little hard information about how the 3.0 rule set is going to work (short of some indicators put out by Mike that have been "interpreted" to death already), or what sort of stuff is going to be avaliable as part of the KS.

Personally, I prefer to have hard info on how things are going to turn out before levelling criticism, because if you don't have a solid base for your argument, the entire thread can easily fall over.

TL:DR - let's wait to see what form the KS is going to take, what models will be avaliable etc, before we start losing out heads. Sure, the anticipation might kill you, but - don't you have some unpainted models to work on!?!?

12 hours ago, Sniddy said:

Yeh it's a little toxic here, years of neglect can do that, and North if you mean CMON - that's their whole business model - Mantic locally have taken a lot of flak for the KS pump and dump - and unless they start really standing on their own 2 feet I think we're through with them 

I was not going to name names, as I've had my hand slapped by the mods in the past (back when PF was announced and compared to another small scale game).  But yes, that's what my post was about. 

Now I have my own opinions about SG and the current state of affairs in regards to their games, I'll just say it's rather grim.  If another successful kickstarter helps reboot their business and interest in their games then so be it.  Also people should note that we gamers are a fickle lot, and more often than not bounce from system to system.  I know I do it. 

On 7/8/2017 at 2:48 AM, Brimat said:

I honestly dont know what i should think about this.

i certainly do but its not something i might not want to share on here...........trying hard to be positive;)

13 hours ago, draco84oz said:

TL:DR - let's wait to see what form the KS is going to take, what models will be avaliable etc, before we start losing out heads. Sure, the anticipation might kill you, but - don't you have some unpainted models to work on!?!?

No. I haven't bought anything FSA (or Spartan) since the OSO release...last year? They haven't put out anything for my money since.

The lack of concrete news since...I dunno...I want to say Christmas 2016? Has left there very little to actually comment on. If you're in a positive mood about FSA what has there been to actually latch onto as of late?

Some pics of current in design models including a Leviathan and then silence. Some limited context playtest notes.

The problem is the majority of those that post in online forums are the loud toxic type that are just looking for people to confirm their ire. Perhaps the best course of action is to wait and see what 3.0 brings and try to grow your community and meta and enjoy what you have. It would be a much more useful use of your free time.

all old Spartan customers knows how they work and worked in the past. I have DW, FSA, and PF. I've always believed SG never needed the Halo franchise, only focus on DW, FSA universes.Imho they should "freeze" some games like they did with dystopian legions. For a small company you have:

-Dystopian Wars

-Dystopian Legions (freezed)

-FSA

-PF

Too many systems to support.

About the new FSA Kickstarter ill surely support the FSA, call me masochist hell even I liked the idea of a Dystopian Wars in 15mm (like flames of wars and team yankee), but man, you can start a new house when you are living in a one without roof . Until now iam only waiting the PF new ruleset.

Lets be honest

Communication solves most issues. Customers will give you an amazing amount of forgiveness as long as you communicate with them.

Spartan needs to hire an intern at least whose job is to go around and get weekly status updates on the systems, and you can even preference items with day dreaming, working on, thought about etc, and the customers would be a lot happier.