Alverstar

STO Navel Rules

2 hours ago, Alverstar said:

Greetings All, 

Just pre ordered the sweet new STO models and was wondering if any of the rules have been released at all yet?

Many Thanks, 

Nope, and I honestly wouldn't look for them till August right before release.

Mike did let slip that there's a naval carrier of some sort.  I'm hoping a lot of the Robots get multipurpose, so they can be used as attachments or Squadron Support :)  (the Medium and Small bots I mean)

21 minutes ago, Benchpresser said:

I'm hoping a lot of the Robots get multipurpose, so they can be used as attachments or Squadron Support :)  (the Medium and Small bots I mean)

My plan is to just model floaties on all the robots' arms and house rule them as multipurpose if they don't get it.  Do you think wave lurking would be too much there? (only counts if they have floaties)

6 minutes ago, Erloas said:

My plan is to just model floaties on all the robots' arms and house rule them as multipurpose if they don't get it.  Do you think wave lurking would be too much there? (only counts if they have floaties)

At the least Altered Silhouette  :)

Now do the floaties count as External Generators for targeting?

"Captain, theres a squad of Schildtragers floating our way!!!"

"Sharpshooters...."

(sounds of multiple balloons popping)

GLUBGLUBGLUB

"Enemy boarding thwarted Captain!"

2 hours ago, Benchpresser said:

At the least Altered Silhouette  :)

Now do the floaties count as External Generators for targeting?

"Captain, theres a squad of Schildtragers floating our way!!!"

"Sharpshooters...."

(sounds of multiple balloons popping)

GLUBGLUBGLUB

"Enemy boarding thwarted Captain!"

I Often wondered about this with my waterlined Metzgers.  I decided that either:

1) there is a massive air pocket in the torso allowing it to float...meaning the metal is extremely light... Unlikely.

2) vertically mounted impellers provide enough thrust to keep it afloat, yet not enough to act as jumpjets*  disappointing.

3) Sturginium must a great deal of buoyancy, because... Well because Sturginium that's why...yet everything that is scraped sinks immediately? So disappointing.

*My inner Mech Jockey is showing

Tesla-Magnetic, oscillating-resonance jetting vents, coupled with omni-directional Sturginium-Fuel load burn-off exhausts provides suitable lift and "bounding" when the water isn't shallow enough to make for standard "wading" in nautical locomotion. ;)

@Alverstar As noted, we are going to release the entire ORBATS for both new fores prior to their street date. I am aiming to have this done much earlier than is accustomed, but until the Test-Team finishes a final review and we have everything properly reviewed, I cannot provide a concrete date estimate! But I do want it out there fast for you folks. It is an incredible release, I am thrilled to hear that it has perked your interest!

-Mike

Greetings, 

Thanks for the replys, glad I have not missed anything just yet.

20 hours ago, Erloas said:

I will never be able to unsee/ unthink this now.....just need a sutiable noise to make as the swarm bob into contact lol 

On 30/6/2017 at 10:13 AM, Spartan Mike said:

Tesla-Magnetic, oscillating-resonance jetting vents, coupled with omni-directional Sturginium-Fuel load burn-off exhausts provides suitable lift and "bounding" when the water isn't shallow enough to make for standard "wading" in nautical locomotion. ;)

@Alverstar As noted, we are going to release the entire ORBATS for both new fores prior to their street date. I am aiming to have this done much earlier than is accustomed, but until the Test-Team finishes a final review and we have everything properly reviewed, I cannot provide a concrete date estimate! But I do want it out there fast for you folks. It is an incredible release, I am thrilled to hear that it has perked your interest!

-Mike

Also for Fleet Acton?☺

On 6/30/2017 at 1:13 AM, Spartan Mike said:

I just thought of this: if that's how they stay afloat, and don't use extend-o-matic legs, then why can't they wave lurk? 

Hi All,

Just finishing off the Fleet Action PDF download. Stats arrived and blog written. So will have Fleet Action and Statistic update next week. The STO and Canadian statistics for Fleet Action are aimed at August 11th, and I would anticipate the DW 2,5 versions of those stats will arrive at the same time.

Hope that helps. Am now off to medicate Mike...

All the best,

Neil

5 hours ago, Spartan Neil said:

Hi All,

Just finishing off the Fleet Action PDF download. Stats arrived and blog written. So will have Fleet Action and Statistic update next week. The STO and Canadian statistics for Fleet Action are aimed at August 11th, and I would anticipate the DW 2,5 versions of those stats will arrive at the same time.

Hope that helps. Am now off to medicate Mike...

All the best,

Neil

On 30/6/2017 at 10:13 AM, Spartan Mike said:

I am very happy and a great news