Gen. Eric

New Dystopian Wars Battlefoam trays and custom trays

Field Dispatch #217

Department: Logistics and Transportation

My HQ and I have been in communication with Battlefoam LLC (battlefoam.com). For those Captains and Commodores (or Gen. in my case) who are not aware, Battlefoam is the world's best and most reliable minniature foam tray and bag manufacturer. They have for years dominated in this space due to thier support for games and gamers. The company makes custom bags and foam trays that made for a particular game. Many lines are made for popular games such as, Warmachine/Hordes, Warhammer, Flames of War, Attack Wing and many others. One unique trait they have is a custom tray maker with silliouttes of models that allow you to create unique loadouts. They currently have only trays and shapes for models released early in 1st edtion, so not many options. 

This is where you guys come in. We need to show them that there is enough interest to do a full line of shapes for DW and bring it current. Please, by the way, check out their website and see for yourself their supported lines and products, as well as check out the custom tray maker, so you can understand how good this stuff is. Now, the custom trays aren't cheap, but they aren't cheaply made either. In fact, every custom tray is made to order. I've used this service extensivly for my Warmachine/Hordes models, and I can personally attest to it's quality. 

I need all available Captains, Commodores, Admirals, Generals, and Commanders to go to their Facebook page and send a message to their social media account expressing your desire to see ALL models be added to thier shape cattologue. This will do two things: 1. It will allow for the creation of custom foam trays with the exact shape of models you wish to put in said tray, perfectly cut out and arranged just the way you wanted it. 2. It will allow THEM to make standard trays with pre-determined shapes, ready to buy. For example all the models for a starter box in one tray, or your bombers all in one tray.

It is imperative that we act quickly with our response and you MUST contact them via Facebook, Email or any means you can. Why? I can say from experience that Warmachine/Hordes increased in popularity when Battlefoam bags made for that system were made. Have you ever had difficulties transporting your force in this game, espicially things on flightstands? They have a solution for that. Every worried about your stuff getting crushed, squished, bent or broken? No more with these bags!

I must say also, I have no affiliation with BattleFoam LLC, and am not being paid or asked to hearald their name. I am merely a General who loves their products, and swears by them completely. I've never had any problems with their bags or trays, and they have top notch customer service, The also sell around the world, with fast (i'm told) shipping to Europe.

-Gen. Eric

@Spartan Derek @Spartan Josh @Spartan Mike @Spartan Linde @Spartan Games

I almost forgot to mention. Yes, there will be a PRIZE GIVEAWAY! If we achieve our goal of getting the updated DW content for BattleFoam I will give away a mystery prize. The prize size depends on how quickly and completely we achieve our goals. This could be your choice of a DW blister pack up to a fully custom load out and bag from BattleFoam! But, I will not announce who won or what they won until the goal is achieved. And yes, this is in addition to my 2.5 painting contest Metzger giveaway. (A few people have asked, so I thought I would clarify). To enter, communicate with BattleFoam, and comment in this thread that you did so. Boom, you're entered in the drawing, that easy. Looking forward to seeing your posts!

3 hours ago, azraelsportal said:

Sadly this is out of my price range :(

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have this product. I hope you still tell them about your support for the update, as it benefits the community as a whole. Plus, people do give gifts to each other from time to time, so you never know.

10 hours ago, Nicholas said:

You guys are really dedicated - I just use the standard issue Spartan cardboard war parcel that come with my models to transport the fleets, any unfortunate chipping is of course, battle damage :P 

If you think that for one second I would let my exemplary, no GLORIOUS Prussians have any defects, then you, Sir a silly weasel indeed! 

11 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

A wonderful and noble undertaking!

I am with ya enthusiastically! Really need to get me some new bags for all this crazy stuff...

-Mike

Absolutely, @Spartan Mike. It changed my Warmachine experience getting this tough customizable bag and trays. Especially since I played two factions that included a lot of wispy models, it saved soo much time in repairing models. The trays are phase 1, phase 2 is getting licensed bags.

Keep up the good work! We've gotten some messages to BattleFoam. But if we want this, you need to get the word out, conscript any and all Dystopian Wars players to contact BattleFoam. One forum post or Facebook group post wont cut it. It only takes a minute to send a message or email to BattleFoam, don't be the lazy commander waiting for the enemy to come to them. Be the commander leading the charge and let them hear our warcry: WE WANT THE FOAM!  Assemble the troops and we can overwhelm them with our message.

(seriously, share this post with others you know here, or outside of here. I dont want to keep transporting my DW in my warmachine bag....it's unbecomming of an officer of my stature)

Hmmm im wonder about the custom foams since DW ships comes in various dimensions.  I use a toolbox with custom slots cushioned with foam.  They work quite well and i could carry my whole navy in there   (another benefit of playing DW) .  

I"ll leave them a message expressing my interest 

Me: 

Gotta love BF! However, will you be updating your trays for Dystopian Wars alongside the 2.5 update?

Romeo Filip:

We have ordered the entire range and will have it up within the next 30 days. 

Huzzah! That just goes to prove, you can get things done if you have no life and can stand to pester strangers! Thanks for all the support, now my Prussians will be able to travel in style. Also, I played my first 2.5 game today with @RepubliqueOfLasers, We were pressed for time, so the middle of the table was a bloodbath, we both just jammed up the center. A late Prizing of the enemy Couronne Commodore secured me the game. Good grief how I hate cloud generators with retardant armor. Once the line goes live on BattleFoam, I shall announce the winner of the prize.

4 hours ago, CDR_G said:

If anyone has figured out a foam set I would likely reinforce that. I need RoF dedicated trays that fit models with the tall masts. Also somerhing that fits a Zamiec

You can order tall trays, short trays, customize to you hearts content.

1 hour ago, Gen. Eric said:

You can order tall trays, short trays, customize to you hearts content.

This I know. I have some pic and pluck. What I don't have is the time or, since I am traveling the, the access to determine all the shapes and sizes to be put into a customized foam pad for each of my powers, or even the most needy in the time frame you provided, but if someone else has already done one for basically any power, I would use that.