2DSick

I woke up in this thread... Not sure how I got here!

Gents! I've always been a one fleet kind of guy but after a frivolous, drunken splurge I now have to hide my new mistress, the CoA from my other fleet XD 

My first 1250 points of penguins got painted in just two sittings (unheard of for me) and I can't wait to use it. It's what's you see pictured wysiwyg (dread carrier SAS upgraded). 

I'm looking for some advise on how to best employ these beasties? 

I get the aristotle (energy turrets) and gunships are good for circumventing the outer extremities of the theatre making use of their consistent RB4 output. 

The dread carrier, battle cruiser, cruisers and frigates look like they want to keep submerged, piling straight forward, firing torpedoes until surfacing, opening up in RB1/2 @LL guns blazing... 

At first glance anyway. Am I misreading/getting anything wrong in that assumption? 

_20170628_005442.JPG

Firstly, Nice Paint Job.

Secondly as to your Assumptions this fleet will be best to use the wave lurking abilities for the Medium and larger vessels until you get into range band 2/3, then pop up and pond them.  Range Band 1 can be a bit daunting as any Primary weapons are at -1 to hit and your fleet is close for your opponent to attempt to board them.  

Couple of things to note is that all of your Medium and Large vessels can wave lurk except the Fresnel Gunship.  This will make that squadron a target for all of the opponents Medium and Large Squadrons (because if these ships fire at those that are currently wave lurking will receive a -1 to hit as well as Half Dice on most weapons).  sending this Squadron round the table edges are a good idea however if lots of islands are in play they may become an after thought or targets for Aerial Squadrons.

With the games i have had against CoA most will also add a Callimachus-Alpha (to teleport all of your small and medium Squadrons across the board to behind my fleet (FSA - many forward facing weapons, little towards the rear).  Other options are a cheaper carrier choice (Kepler's).

Most player in the area where i am have gone with a number of Large and Medium squadrons with a small amount of Small Squadrons.

Best way is to always try a few games with different plans and always remember that any plan is only good until your first dice roll.

Hope this helps a little.

#1 - Nice paint job and scheme. It captures the feel of the COA and is both simple and elegant.

#2 - You should be ashamed of cheating on your other fleet. A second fleet is acceptable but Elves? Anything but those prancing, prissy, tricksey, holier than thou bunch of penguin hugging ice nerds. Try a nice heartless mercenary or rabid imperialist faction but  have a bit if pride and hide that fleet from decent sturginium using normal players.;)