Sign in to follow this  
jcee

Planetfall Box Set

On 6/28/2017 at 5:20 PM, Voyager said:

Very nice cold colour scheme!

Did you use some kind of fine sand on the bases?

Thanks!  

I really liked the illustrations in the Battle for Proteus prime campaign book so I tried to emulate that color scheme.  Still not sure which faction I will build up for planetfall, I really like sorylian's.  Actually I like all of them lol.   

For the base I used this gray and black grit from Galeforce for the first layer and then just plain old static grass here and there after that dried.  I painted a dark brown first, although not sure that was really needed, probably could of left it black like i did on the infantry bases.

16 hours ago, jcee said:

Thanks!  

I really liked the illustrations in the Battle for Proteus prime campaign book so I tried to emulate that color scheme.  Still not sure which faction I will build up for planetfall, I really like sorylian's.  Actually I like all of them lol.   

For the base I used this gray and black grit from Galeforce for the first layer and then just plain old static grass here and there after that dried.  I painted a dark brown first, although not sure that was really needed, probably could of left it black like i did on the infantry bases.

Thanks for the info. I've never thought that Gelforce grit is so fine. It looks really good for Planetfall scale.

From what I see from your pictures one of the infantry bases is under-painted brown, while the rest is black. Too be fair both versions look good. :-) However, the bases with brown make whole models look warmer. It's hard to decide which are better. :-)

7 hours ago, Voyager said:

Thanks for the info. I've never thought that Gelforce grit is so fine. It looks really good for Planetfall scale.

From what I see from your pictures one of the infantry bases is under-painted brown, while the rest is black. Too be fair both versions look good. :-) However, the bases with brown make whole models look warmer. It's hard to decide which are better. :-)

yep I am still not sure what I will do with the rest of the helix, I am leaning towards the brown undercoat though.  

The basing came from a box set from Galeforce, there are all kinds of grits and grains up to little slabs.