Benchpresser

STO and Canada!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Whyarecarrots said:

Well the pile of unpainted models is about to get larger... Those STO models are amazing. 

Only issue I have is how to paint them - my Prussians are already black and white and I'd like to differentiate them a bit...

Either reverse the colours, or keep your "main" colour the same, but change the other one (eg black and light grey)

2 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

@Nicius ah yes the venerable ausf-B...

surely you noticed the gent being towed behind the Brandenburg Ark invasion carrier in my recent blog? NO!? Oh dear... maybe there are some more pics somewhere that might help clear stuff up. Gunna have to see where Neil left all those and the words to go with it all... what an interesting conundrum! 

@Elessar Are you a hacker? Do you frequent my local social lounge and have wandering eyes on my laptop!? Who are you!

-Mike

Mike I was thinking last night- a good 2-player box set would be Ottomans vs Free Hellenic....  Let me see that laptop again.... :)

Also... SUSA vs Chile.. PLEASE!!

9 minutes ago, Benchpresser said:

Mike I was thinking last night- a good 2-player box set would be Ottomans vs Free Hellenic....  Let me see that laptop again.... :)

Also... SUSA vs Chile.. PLEASE!!

But if they do an individual navy for every minor nation, what am I supposed to do witg these old Uncharted Seas ships that I re-purposed to represent them? 

You really should see my SUSA/ Iron Dwarf battleship, 3 turrets and AA guns! It's like the CSA Virginia on a Roid Rage.

40 minutes ago, Drastab said:

But if they do an individual navy for every minor nation, what am I supposed to do witg these old Uncharted Seas ships that I re-purposed to represent them? 

You really should see my SUSA/ Iron Dwarf battleship, 3 turrets and AA guns! It's like the CSA Virginia on a Roid Rage.

Drastab, I'd love to see that conversion! I really like some old Ucharted Seas models

1 hour ago, Benchpresser said:

Drastab, I'd love to see that conversion! I really like some old Ucharted Seas models

I can do that as soon as I figure out how to shrink the file size for upload.  Gotta be below 500kb  file is 7.3mb

2 hours ago, Benchpresser said:

With magged turret points I can swap out to give a lot of flexibility.  I can use existing DW turrets like the FSA or EBS as you see here and they can be "Pre-Sturginium" ships, my version of pre-dreadnought out dated ships.

Or give them unique turrets and they can fill in for 3rd world nations like the SUSA, Chile, Greece etc.

20170624_112123_resized_1.jpg

20170624_112309_resized_1.jpg

20170624_112038_resized_1.jpg

Hmmm from the pics,  im thinking the new metzger leta you build the normal metzger or the Cav hammer metzger. Tbh the more i look at it,  the more it looks like a judge in a courtroom. Judge Metzger, found you.... Guilty! *slams hammer onto ship* 

Another thing that puzzles me.... The Metzger isnt exactly buoyant and it is upright while being towed......how....exactly does the towing  work?  Cause atm i just cant wrap my head around it.  

6 hours ago, Chrisnuke said:

Will the Mk. III Eider (and the other models) be released separately? Possibly accompanied by a Mk. IV?

I hope all the follow-on marks for all the modular battleships are going to be available individually, or maybe just the drop-ons? 

Actually spare/replacement drop-on packs in general would be nice... Spartan Guys?

In the mean time while I wait to see the official Mississippi mk3 and mk4.  I am content to invent my own: try on the three turret mk3 and the Italian Inspired mk4 with the Heavy Volley Gun Batteries mounted atop the regular gun turrets!   And people Used to Complain about American Gunnery  (insert Evil Genius Laugh here)

@Chrisnuke Absolutely my intentions sir yes. Not sure when though, as that is well out of my area of expertise.

@Drastab that conceptualized payload made me about lose my lunch... well done you mad dreamer! :) 

Going have to see the gameplan with the store team about new drop in upgrades and replacement parts. I'm too dumb for that department I'm afraid.

@OliJ yes! The Canadians have proven themselves as the masters of re-purposed, salvage-engineering and the spiritual inspiration for their fleet definately has a home in their armdada. Can't wait to share the ORBATS with you guys when all the testing is nailed and polished. 

These fleets both seem familiar, but have very distinct flair that really sets them apart from their parent nations, that has been an absolute joy to develope and expand.

-Mike

5 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

The layers of patriotism and heinous stacking of epic fire-power are absolutely stunning! Brings a tear to my eye and unease to my stomach! :lol:

That is some well done lunacy bud! 

Nicely done!

-Mike

Mark IV confirmed, you saw it here first!

Thank you for the compliment, best of all I don't even have to wait for new parts since this is complete as is. 

As a side note, anyone have any idea what a fair point cost on this would be? 

Even though my group doesn't play tournament style, being a persistent campaign the point values of ships is really more of a tie breaker when a battle's victor is not clear.  i am curious nonetheless.

PS, I love the bunting, its a great splash of color on my otherwise overly utilitarian pant scheme.

Dreadnought levels of firepower on a battleship framework. Probably in the mid 200s in terms of point cost with a fairly hefty strategic value slapped on for good measure. I would give it the demi-dreadnought classification and say 260 points and 50 strategic value maybe. It would be so so superior to the Liberty heavy battleship though...

21 minutes ago, Thamoz said:

Dreadnought levels of firepower on a battleship framework. Probably in the mid 200s in terms of point cost with a fairly hefty strategic value slapped on for good measure. I would give it the demi-dreadnought classification and say 260 points and 50 strategic value maybe. It would be so so superior to the Liberty heavy battleship though...

Yeah, she's a beast, and the points sound about right.  But tournament points or no, this little monster will draw ALL the enemy fire.  Would look like the Bismark Straight with an American theme. I would need to park a whole fleet in front of her to get to turn 2 or 3.

But that one turn of fire would be Glorious!

But as for the Libby, the stacked guns work for all the American turrets.  Let's try it on the Lexingtons, they might be worth sailing again!

Rebel Yell indeed, I sir, am your Huckleberry.