Sign in to follow this  
Bazlord

The Praxilla, or: just what the hell IS a Long Lance, exactly?

Cause since it is the main/only weapon of our brand new shiny sub, just what the hell is it?

I know the Armoured Forces Skorpios always had one, but i don't own the model. From pictures, it kinda looks like a rail gun? (Electromagnetic slug slinger?)

Anyway, it just sounded to be at first glance like an energy weapon (cause of the "Lance" bit, i guess), which it isn't, but instead it's a (P) weapon, and so can fire indirectly and make use of Sturginium munitions.

They, coupled with Hunter (Surface +1), and the option of one sub carrying a Long Lance Target Painter, makes me think they might be quite good at IDF. 

Gotta say though, after reading the fluff about the Covenant receiving the plans for the Death Bringer sub, this new product looks a little more like an ... Annoyance Bringer?

If I'm reading it correct, it has been described in the past as the equivalent of a railgun - some of the fiction describes the projectiles leaves trails of fire and piercing clean through armour.

1 hour ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

With Piercing as one of its munition rules, it cannot use indirect fire.

Ahhhhh, right - I completely missed that it has Piercing.

Although, Energy Blasts mess with that convention a bit...