Wraithbrood

2.5 iceburgs

I'm sure i read somewhere that icebergs all detonated like mines butt it appears its only 2 in a dread?

I also sure they hinted at high payload but thats missing.

As I read it now I can no longer actually make icebergs i just deploy a mine with a weird shape. 

I hope this is a WIP.  I want either exploding icebergs or screening icebergs but apparently we got neither :(

Mimicking an ice generator does not allow you to deploy more icebergs and the ice generator thst we can get is a massive nerf from the old one. 

How can I get shields into my army cheaply is what I'm gon a end up looking at now because icebergs felt the nerf bat 

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the first lines.
Models I see with ice generator and surface mines: Moskva, Khatanga, Dudinka, Kostroma, Pakhtusov MKII*, Tunguska,

*listed as a glacier generator rather than ice generator, so copy-paste typo I'm sure.

The ice-mines are still medium size surface terrain features in terms of LOS, but there is no indication that these dissipate at the end of the turn like the old glaciers.  Since these are ice mines, I'm not sure if they would be able to be cleared like normal mines with CC or not.  The fact that they are 1"x2" in size actually increases their area of threat quite a bit compared to normal mines and they can't be snaked between like the old icebergs.

With the mine control aspect too, while you can't deploy them and move them with the same model, you can deploy them and then move them with your next activation, which could be a huge threat to any medium or smaller squadrons that might be trying to out-flank you.

I used to take 2 borodinos and 1 kostrama to stop my fleet getting blown apart turn 1 and 2. Now ill probably end up taking 2 kostrama and a moskova because they generally gice the best options offensively and defensively. 

Seems like unintentional token spam :D

What about:

activate Model, move maximum distance, deploy ice mine within 12"

activate next model, mimic ice generator during movement declaration, move maximum distance, activate mimic-ed ice generator during movement consolidation, move mine d3"

activate next model, ...

how far can a mine be "tossed" during one turn?

4 hours ago, Phant Mastik said:

What about:

activate next model, mimic ice generator during movement declaration, move maximum distance, activate mimic-ed ice generator during movement consolidation, move mine d3"

activate next model, ...

Mimics are before you move and if im not wrong so is the iceberg so im not 100% sure this is viable all the time but its not a bad idea.

It's going to take a lot of reworking and I'm gonna have to buy some different models but its not the end of the world. 

The Ice Generator can be activated at the end of a Model's movement (page 166 of the 2.5 rulebook). Also it says specifically in the Ice Mines section of the RC orbat that both the deploy and move the Icebergs options can be done during the Movement Consolidation step.

Mimic Generator is indeed before movement.

13 hours ago, Phant Mastik said:

What about:

activate next model, ...

It is a little bit badly worded but you can toss one Iceberg mine (within 12") D3" in any direction.

I just a played a game today, had some fun with the Icebergs, I quite like that they don't disappear after a turn and you can move them around.

Just some things I realised:

1. Appaerently I can't send them through a medium teleporter field, since fhe Iceberg is lacking the the Model typ, even thought we shoud be able. I'm sure Markov would have seen that coming...

2. What does a Mimic Gen, when copying an Ice Generator?

Can I only use it to move Icebergs around and use the Ice Grip function, since the Mimic doesn't copy the Limited Munitons Part?

10 hours ago, Ridiculus said:

I just a played a game today, had some fun with the Icebergs, I quite like that they don't disappear after a turn and you can move them around.

Just some things I realised:

1. Appaerently I can't send them through a medium teleporter field, since fhe Iceberg is lacking the the Model typ, even thought we shoud be able. I'm sure Markov would have seen that coming...

2. What does a Mimic Gen, when copying an Ice Generator?

Can I only use it to move Icebergs around and use the Ice Grip function, since the Mimic doesn't copy the Limited Munitons Part?

1- only surface models can be translocated, and icebergs occupy surface and submerged heights (plus they aren't models).

2- correct. No ice mines on board means only grip of winter, and moving icebergs around.

11 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

The above information is correct!

;) Fun aren't they!?

-Mike

How much do I have to pay you, that you enable us to send the Ice Tokens through the Teleporter?!?! HOW MUCH?!

;)