We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

azraelsportal

New ORBATS

I'm going through them slowly and noting all the changes. I will post them here:

Sokotsu  - now Massive

Yokai Mk I = FSA

Ika - Minelayer, +1HP

Yurei - Lg turn, Bombard Rg 2 = 6

Arashi - Medium Capital Naval Model

Zarigani - Small Navel Diving Model,      Diving Robot, -1 HP, +10pts

Kitsune - -1HP

Raijin - Squadron support changed to Combat Deployment

Tenkei - Rocket Turret (t) One Rocket Battery (t) has 360

Onryo - Aerial to Flying model

Migea - used to be Miagea

Forward Deployment Base - Used to Wani but is now EoBS!!!!!! changed from water to Naval Fortification

Small Infantry Bunker- removed *Important Note: Small Infantry Bunkers chosen in squadrons MUST field Infantry Formations of the same Type*

Infantry:

Assault - CR+1

Line - is now a small fortification ?!

Close - has not ARC of fire

Recon - now a repair model. Spotter (Regular, 16")

Reserves - Removed

I guessing they want to give a baseline for nations and will over the next few weeks release the minor nations. After that i believe they will implement minor changes to Orbats for specific units. I think they were pressured to rush the new stats out for the new rules based on the delivery of the kick-starter. 

and yes..... the Yokei is now property of the FSA muahahahahahahaha!!! (clearly an error :) )

1 hour ago, Hubcap said:

I guessing they want to give a baseline for nations and will over the next few weeks release the minor nations. After that i believe they will implement minor changes to Orbats for specific units. I think they were pressured to rush the new stats out for the new rules based on the delivery of the kick-starter. 

and yes..... the Yokei is now property of the FSA muahahahahahahaha!!! (clearly an error :) )

This is my gut feeling as well Hubcap.  These are playable if not "wow factor" (forgive me, I've been binge-watching Storage Wars).  This at least gives us 3 weeks or so to find all the errors...

Regarding our three new ships:

Tokoyawa: doesn't have rockets as I assumed. AA/CC was on the low end, especially CC and it only has 11 in CR, not 12. Thus it's not as well protected as I thought. It was sold as 'much better protection', but what you got was something not far from all our other BB.  But the broadside is nasty, far nastier than I thought.  if you get to fire it. In RB1 it's actually have preaty good firepower. Nice ship. And 10 dice has a ok shot of repairing a crittical for one CR 7 medium unit.

The Chita:

It is a powerhorse ofcourse. 10 dice corrosive flamethrowers, which combines. And 6AP each + 2 sustained... A pair of them can rip two mediums apart, and combined they can do a heck of a lot of damage to a large.

The Obu

Somewhat not to impressed, but as small flying units they are a though nut to crack, especially for capital models. 12 dice with +1 to hit surface...

Slightly disapointed that the light cruisers and IKA did not see much attention. The Ika isn't even close to the Chita in power. But I guess I remember Mike say they focused on getting it ready for 2.0, no tweaking.

I'm overall impressed with the new ships, the Ika is the only ship I feel that needs work in the list.

With the sheer number of submarines now in the game I feel EOBS is going to suffer from Sub hunting issues. I know the Tengu is being set up as the solution but the IKA should be able to assault submerged ships as if it had the aquatic assault rule, call it terror form the deep and have it as a model special rule.

I think the distinction is "can it attack subs underwater" and "can it attack a surface vessel from submerged."  Which have both been suggested but the distinction hasn't been drawn.  Aquatic Assault would let it attack any surface or either diving height vessel without ever having to leave the diving height.  A special MAR would be required to let it attack subs, but still force it to surface to attack a surface ship.  To me I see no reason why it shouldn't have aquatic assault, but I could see the issues with having a large that can attack surface ships and not really be countered.  I see that as less of an issue with so many nations picking up subs... but even then, it seems like there aren't that many options to hurt submerged models.  The torpedo heavy nations shouldn't have an issue, but there are a number of nations where there only real option is CC (generally not strong enough to threaten a large sub/robot) and torpedo SAS.

Which I think is why so many subs have weapon systems that require them to surface to attack.

10 hours ago, Botticelli said:

Why not just give it Aquatic Asault, then?

I could see "Terror from the Deep" more as a rule to allow the Ika to Assault both Submerged, and Deep-Diving targets. All Aquatic Assault allows for is going after Submerged/Surface models.

(Also, the way the MAR is written, you have to surface if you want to attack Submerged models. It doesn't allow you to attack Submerged models while also Submerged.)

1 hour ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

I could see "Terror from the Deep" more as a rule to allow the Ika to Assault both Submerged, and Deep-Diving targets. All Aquatic Assault allows for is going after Submerged/Surface models.

(Also, the way the MAR is written, you have to surface if you want to attack Submerged models. It doesn't allow you to attack Submerged models while also Submerged.)

Hmmm.

Very good points.

There should be a MAR to allow a given weapon system to be used while submerged... And maybe add which targets can be attacked while submerged. Thus the IKA should be able to attack submarines and deep diving models while being in the same range band as the target...