Sign in to follow this  
doubleones

doubleone's Aquan Prime

A friend and I just picked up the 2-player box set a couple of weeks ago. I took the Aquan Prime forces. I was quite happy to get them - they're quite different from the stuff I've painted recently. Not content with a blue/green color palette, I went with something much more striking - particularly against a snowy winter basing scheme. I've only finished the tanks so far; next up are the turrets and crystals.

WP_20170529_003_zps8tnttsmp.jpg

WP_20170529_004_zpsotnrwjls.jpg

WP_20170529_005_zpsldzlpggg.jpg

WP_20170529_006_zps8kvgyiwl.jpg

WP_20170529_008_zpsgqhtgflj.jpg

WP_20170529_009_zps0cx4ryeg.jpg

Oooooh Very Nice!!!

Truely Striking Indeed. Nice "out of the box" thinking. 

I particularly like the weapon colour. It goes great with the red. 

Winter bases are a great touch. Do you have a winter game board?

Excellent work and thanks for sharing  I look forward to seeing the finished helix  

WA

1 hour ago, WestAustralian said:

Oooooh Very Nice!!!

Truely Striking Indeed. Nice "out of the box" thinking. 

I particularly like the weapon colour. It goes great with the red. 

Winter bases are a great touch. Do you have a winter game board?

Excellent work and thanks for sharing  I look forward to seeing the finished helix  

WA

Thank you. The snowy game table is still just vaporware but next on the agenda after painting these minis. I'll probably just use a 6 X 4 sheet of brown canvas and spray paint some lighter brown here and there for "texture" and a heavy dose of white over the whole shebang. I really like the look of a "Spring Melt" with patchy snow and dead trees so that'll be my target aesthetic. I did an urban + snow Flames of War army many years ago (long since sold off) and always liked the way it looked. Starting a new game was a great opportunity to bring it back.

42 minutes ago, WestAustralian said:

Great colour scheme and awesome brushwork

Is that pen lines on the Iophon panel lines?

The infantry look fantastic and they match the Cold theme perfectly

Thank you! Not pen lines - just shakey-hand brush black lining. I used to do it on Flames of War desert tanks and I thought the technique was worth using on this. Normally I'd have done a black wash, but didn't want to blemish the silver panels. 1950's silver aircraft / classic flying saucers are so good looking, I had to find a way to include that style.