Sign in to follow this  
WestAustralian

Which Allied Core do you want right now?

So I have been looking over the experimental rules. There are quite a few thing in there that I would really like to get my hands on right now. 

The RSN core excites me, The Lemures Heavy has Twin Long Range Blasters on a Fanatical, Cloaked, Hover Tank. They have a robot in their core. A Light Jump Tank. Then there is the Asbolus Commandos, Solid Jump Infantry with decent lasers, possibly a little pricey. But hey what's not to love with the new RSN. I hope the new sculpts keep the feel of the original. 

The Works Raptor really interest me because I want to paint more of my "Fade" colour scheme.

another stand out for me is the Veydreth, they are the only force to not specifically name the Tanks in the Force List, they just have Heavy Tank, Medium Tank etc. which is what I was expecting of all of them. They also have a mix of Hover and Quadraped medium vehicles which should be fun. Their hover mediums have "Take & Hold" which is cool.

Well I could go on all day....

Honestly I like the look of all the new force rules and as long as Spartan does not alter the aesthetic of a force, I will be happy

WA

Well I have to go RSN really just because they are my secondary Armada fleet. My Dindrenzi Planetfall are painted as RSN with the backstory they have been fighting so long behind enemy lines they have been resupplied many times by forward Dindrenzi units. So ya... RSN. I can't wait to see the Ba'Kash large tank though, that thing has got to be a beast.

That is a great aspect for your Dindrenzi/RSN hBackground. I would like to hear more backstory some day. Also when do we get the next update in your Painting Thread? Time for more photos I think. 

Yes hopefully the Bakash Nubaro lives up to its Massive Tank status

I am definitely most excited by the Terquai and Ba'Kash Helices. The piratical Ba'Kash have really grown on my the more I read about them. The Terquai have long been my favorite Firestorm faction. As the only humans to live under alien rule I found them intriguing and the idea of being explorers and scientists really drew me in. It doesn't hurt that both helices sound quite fun from the beta rules as well! :)

My painting is slowly going. I've got most of my Dindrenzi PF a nice Blue\White, but I think it needs some something else. The metal color is really not showing up.

I've been debating my Ba'Kash and think I'll go with the Dark Orange Bronze\Gold scheme.

Probably be a while before I get more pictures up. 

@Vedar good luck finding the colour to make the Dindrenzi pop. Brass or Copper would show better than Steel. I look forward to more pictures whenever you can do them. 

Something I have noticed about the new allied cores is that all of the new heavy tanks have squads of 1. With the option of 2 Squads. The Big 6 have a single heavy squadron, but a choice between the 1-2 Standard or the 1 only from the Heavy Core. I wonder why. Also, no light Infantry. 

I hope Spartan is on track for this release, and I wish we got more previews for the new models.

I have started painting my Vedreth, I really like its simplicity and I hope to see it expanded