Pathogen

Pezhetairoi Fighters and such

Hello,

I have recently found forum member Pezhetairoi's insane shapeways fighters (and ships), has anyone used these? Does Spartan plan on going down this path and would it be allowed in a FA sanctioned tournament?

I would love to see examples of people that have his or their own scratchbuilds...

2017-05-17 17_40_17-Monolithic Miniatures by pezhetairoi - Shapeways Shops.jpg

As I hear it, the problem with the cheaper plastics is the rough finish that obscures fine detail and absorbs a shedload of paint, obscuring detail even more, meaning the Frosted ultra detail is the only way to go for wargaming minis, jacking up the price.

That Dreadnought, tho! Anyone got £300 they can lend me?....anyone?.....

I ordered it white and flexible (like me), I would guess Pezhetairoi did the same. Now I don't have his painting abilities but his turned out well.

Or maybe it will look like hammered hell, we will know in about a week, stay tuned.

2017-05-19 06_42_58-Aquatic Dreadnought (9SNRVDD9N) by pezhetairoi.jpg

I would turn that so it is facing up, fill the holes, add a hole for a flight stand to the engine array, and use it as an Aquan-themed Ghost Station.

I might actually do so; there's another model from a video game called Gratuitous Space Battles I had planned on getting for a similar purpose.

51 minutes ago, Eater of Stars said:

I decided to have a go at making my own SRS today after seeing this post. It was finicky but here's my attempt at aquan fighters or interceptors. 

Very cool.....

Not my style, however you did a good job. Your ships came out better than my attempt at making Terran SRS.

1 hour ago, Eater of Stars said:

Not sure it justifies the effort compared to just ordering some, but a fun challenge anyway!

Often it is just easier and cheaper to just order something. In a way though, it is very satisfying when you make something yourself. At least thats how I am.