S.Derek

Firestorm Armada 3.0 Designer Feedback Thread

On 7/4/2017 at 0:38 PM, Flamebeast said:

I just felt a great disturbance in the Force - as though the entire Dropfleet Commander development team came in their pants, and were never poor again.

Talking to the Hawk guys at Origins, they are in their own shit show ;)

• Best Family Game – Sushi Go Party
  • Best Children’s Game -Baobub
  • Best Euro Game – SubTerra
  • Best American Style Game – Dark Souls
  • Best Strategic Game – The Colonists
  • Best Card Game – Statecraft
  • Best Abstract Game – Ominoes
  • Best Miniatures – Dropfleet Commander
  • Best Role-Playing Game – Adventures In Middle-Earth Player Guide
  • Best Role-Playing – Syrinscape
  • Best Party Game – Chameleon
  • Best Expansion – Dropfleet Commander: Reconquest Phase Two
  • Best Accessory – Dropfleet Commander Modular Spacestation Pack
  • Best Miniatures Rules – Dropfleet Commander

From the list of awards given out at the NEC games expo, when firestorm starts getting on these types of lists, then comments can be made;)

10 hours ago, Paradomutante said:

But presi :D: all those are brand new games I still dont get why ppl love ameritrash board games so much, ton of time spent in prepraring the game with a gorillion of counters and markers...

Counters and markers are my two favorite things in the entire world. How else could you count and mark all the things?

16 hours ago, Spartan Linde said:

Talking to the Hawk guys at Origins, they are in their own **** show ;)

Looking at the fact that Hawk actually have a paid staff presence at..... let's see.... every (?) major gaming convention at the moment, I'd imagine that their **** show is selling a lot more tickets.

1 hour ago, CorroPredo said:

Yep, and oscars go to the best pictures......

Generally they're the best pictures if they win oscars and a whole bunch of other awards, as this indicates widespread acclaim that isn't due to bribery or other bullshit. 

Besides, I'd wager a rather substantial amount that a film that's won *checks Presidente's post* 4 Oscars is gonna be better than a film that has won zero.

EDIT: A film in the same genre. Let's be appropriately specific

2 minutes ago, Presidente said:

Don't get me wrong I would like armada to get awards, but that would involve the people in charge putting effort in and showing up at big events with firestorm, maybe one day:)

Oh totally, yes, it would be great if that happened, but yes, totally different approach required.

On 14 July 2017 at 8:42 AM, Spartan Linde said:

Talking to the Hawk guys at Origins, they are in their own @@@@ show ;)

Aren't there rules against posting profanity?

BTW: FSA Kickstarter ... What The?

Seriously it is called "Kickstarter" not "Preorder"

I'm not against an FSU kickstarter - heck, I might even go in for one of the lower tier pledges depending on what is on offer. If it boosts the firestorm section again, yeah, all good. 

But Spartan, the deluxe backers delay from the DW KS has left a sour taste in some mouths, especially since there are now retailers with stock. Some of the more detailed stuff we can understand - like the top tier custom models, but general backers?

I'm going to make a prediction here - if the FSU KS begins before there is an indication that the deluxe backers have begun to receive at least part of their pledge, you're going to have another revolt on your hands. Dystopian Empires level.

seriousy, don't be like da Vinci. 

12 minutes ago, Spartan Linde said:

Honestly @Flamebeast most of you have nothing good to say and ***** and moan no matter what is said. its not worth reading. I spend most of my forum time in the Beta forum being productive.

if you dont like things then move on. 

That might be the single most conceited thing I've ever read.

Are you seriously saying, in a public forum frequented SOLELY by Spartan customers, that their concerns and opinions over the information we've so far had about the new edition of a game that a lot of us love a great deal, are NOT WORTH READING??? Because that's what it looks like you're saying, and it is a STAGGERINGLY stupid thing to say as a representative of a company whose public engagement was already not great.

If you don't like our negativity, I'd suggest trying the following:

- Seriously engage with people, regardless of how much you personally disagree with their opinion (it's called professionalism)

- Give us a reason to be more positive, rather than providing vague promises like the last thousand vague, unfulfilled promises we've seen from Spartan, interspersed with insulting your customers and telling them to shop somewhere else.

16 minutes ago, Spartan Linde said:

Honestly @Flamebeast most of you have nothing good to say and ***** and moan no matter what is said. its not worth reading. I spend most of my forum time in the Beta forum being productive.

@Spartan Linde

Even though you are very right with the bitching and toxicity that has grown in the forum over time, there are still people here who like to participate in a productive way and still want to help. I have read alot of very constructive posts in this thread alone with debates about balancing, gamestyle, fun and other stuff. I do agree that the people who are toxic should move out of the way but alot of stuff here is worth a read and also worth the effort of communication as some of us want a better game and more fun out of the whole deal.

8 minutes ago, Flamebeast said:

That might be the single most conceited thing I've ever read.

Are you seriously saying, in a public forum frequented SOLELY by Spartan customers, that their concerns and opinions over the information we've so far had about the new edition of a game that a lot of us love a great deal, are NOT WORTH READING??? Because that's what it looks like you're saying, and it is a STAGGERINGLY stupid thing to say as a representative of a company whose public engagement was already not great.

If you don't like our negativity, I'd suggest trying the following:

- Seriously engage with people, regardless of how much you personally disagree with their opinion (it's called professionalism)

- Give us a reason to be more positive, rather than providing vague promises like the last thousand vague, unfulfilled promises we've seen from Spartan, interspersed with insulting your customers and telling them to shop somewhere else.

That is a very toxic and immidiate reaction and exactly the problem. Even though you are not wrong you cant just write in anger and then calling out the other convo-partner unprofessional. you also cant just demand stuff. Suggest it properly. Hatred and anger will get us as community nowhere really. I get your point and i also wrote something about it. Compare your reaction to mine yourself and keep in mind that it did hit me at the same level as it did you.

17 minutes ago, Neratius said:

That is a very toxic and immidiate reaction and exactly the problem. Even though you are not wrong you cant just write in anger and then calling out the other convo-partner unprofessional. you also cant just demand stuff. Suggest it properly. Hatred and anger will get us as community nowhere really. I get your point and i also wrote something about it. Compare your reaction to mine yourself and keep in mind that it did hit me at the same level as it did you.

Certainly immediate, and certainly in anger, and you've definitely reacted in a more constructive way than myself. However:

- If someone acts unprofessionally, I am going to call them on it. It's just one of my things.

- Those were genuine suggestions, and if they're adopted the atmosphere would become less toxic.

Believe it or not, but I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative - I'm being negative because I see no reason to be positive, and repetition of old warning signs, all of which I want to head off, and only see one remaining route to try and make that happen. If that changes, my attitude will change with it.

1 hour ago, Spartan Linde said:

Very nice. That's how you get new customers and keep the old ones.

In addition to bitching and moaning, be sure that I'll now do my very best to inform people how SG deals with its clients. And again, I'm pretty sure no one here is being toxic just for pleasure or because it's their nature. There are real and valid reasons to that, reasons SG is 100% responsible for. Some people keep their cool, other express their concerns, sometimes in a very direct (and yeah, toxic) fashion. And right now, you're just being as toxic as some of us. Good job. 

How condescendant and unprofessional SG has become let me voiceless...

If I behaved like this I'd be out of a job

Yes things are now all rainbows and butterfly's - but posts like that just makes things worse 

Certainly does not makes me feel like a valid customer - and that you actually care and will listen to our concerns and at least try 

Seriously that kind of behaviour, and the deleting of threads, has more of corrosive and toxic affect on the environment of the forum then any one naysayer can