Voyager

The Ivory Tower has spoken...

Hi all!

If I take each point in order:

Alamo: The squad sizes don't change, only the options within the Size Class...so previously we cited the requirement for a player to take a Desolator Squadron in their Core Helix for example.... now it simply reads 'Heavy Tank Squadron'. This means at present in the same Core Helix the player might take a single Castigator instead (with attached Stalker obviously).... BUT further down the line, should we make a new Heavy Tank, the model would fit in seamlessly into the same slot.

So.... a new Repudiator Heavy Tank (with its multiple batteries of Peacemaker Missiles) would be an easy addition to both the Core and Heavy Helixes....

The original Planetfall Helix system was designed under request to be product/box focused, however with Spartan moving forwards with blisters, this new system allows players to change their forces by purchasing in blisters. The Blister-Purchase method brings the overall cost down for gamers whilst increasing the flexibility of the force building system.

WestAustralian: The models for future release within the 2-player box (set for November) are Saurians and Pathogen! :ph34r: ...until Neil tells me different, certainly those are the forces we are designing right now!

Cheers,

d

All sounds great! With this New starter should  we conclude some new fluff development? I hope so with few pages dedicated To it in the rulebook. Or better a dedicated book that make thé compilation of Firestorm universe datas!

Good luck spartan and try To make monthly communication !!

Will the old Helix boxes still fill out these changes? So the old Core Helix boxes would still be valid since it'll now be broken up into sub-helicies? So a Core will compose of W,X.Y,Z with the option to slot out W with another kind of W tank? That's my understanding anyway. Also I love the blister-model, dat versatility. I hope that you guys don't shy away from pre-packing a helix in a standard template for a discount.

illosians would been rad as Hell. Here's to hoping they're still coming.

6 hours ago, Spartan Derek said:

The models for future release within the 2-player box (set for November) are Saurians and Pathogen! :ph34r: ...until Neil tells me different, certainly those are the forces we are designing right now!

Interesting and slightly disappointing. Adding to the sub-factions I like, though for a long time I've hoped that the Relthoza would get into a starter box of some kind. Having Relthoza and Dindrenzi I would have thought that one of those would have made it into the starter box. It might work though. That means we might be seeing the other 4 sub factions soon, so that is a good thing. Do we know how long before we can expect some RSN and Ba'Kash?

That seems... Odd. Not that either of those factions aren't exciting, mind you, just... It seems off to not have the box be rival factions accross the Zenian/Kurak line.

Look at it this way. I'm getting into Planetfall, right? I get the two player box, and split it with a buddy. I get the Saurians, he gets the Pathogen. Now... When it comes to expanding our forces, we both can get more stuff for our chosen faction, right? But now my buddy finds out that wait... While he can expand his Pathogen with more Pathogen, I get to potentially take stuff from any Zenian faction, if there are models I like.

The point I'm making is that Firestorm's setting is down-low brilliant from a marketing perspective because of how easy it is to ease into an allied faction by taking a few things here or there to supplement a force you already have. Pathogen shoots yourself in the foot in terms of that approach.

6 minutes ago, Hive said:

That seems... Odd. Not that either of those factions aren't exciting, mind you, just... It seems off to not have the box be rival factions accross the Zenian/Kurak line.

Look at it this way. I'm getting into Planetfall, right? I get the two player box, and split it with a buddy. I get the Saurians, he gets the Pathogen. Now... When it comes to expanding our forces, we both can get more stuff for our chosen faction, right? But now my buddy finds out that wait... While he can expand his Pathogen with more Pathogen, I get to potentially take stuff from any Zenian faction, if there are models I like.

The point I'm making is that Firestorm's setting is down-low brilliant from a marketing perspective because of how easy it is to ease into an allied faction by taking a few things here or there to supplement a force you already have. Pathogen shoots yourself in the foot in terms of that approach.

The only thing I can see rectifying that situation is that Pathogen can pull from any faction. Since they inherently are a cobbled together of many factions. Drop some SPARTAN SCENEICS APPROVED PATHOGEN PODS BLISTER and boom. Pathogenized helix.

Hi All!

In my original post I cited the upcoming Force List was the Directorate/Works Raptor List.....this means that you will find rules for the Works Raptor Recon Helix AND the new Core Helix - with an under development tag of course! Other Helixes for the former Natural Allies will come out in due course using the method I will lay out in the upcoming Blog.

Folks should expect that ALL upcoming Faction Lists will include the same. So for those of you calling for the Ba'Kash, well..... they will be in the Relthoza/Ba'Kash Force List!

This will become clear when the blog comes out, but as a slight spoiler....Forces are no longer Directorate in nature, they are both Directorate and Works Raptor in nature....meaning the forces can be integrated if desired..... see the posts I made earlier in the thread :ph34r:...and of course the blog will fully explain.

A Note on 'restrictive' Pathogen: I don't consider then a problem child in the allied stakes as expressed by Hive. The Pathogen are a force we are continually asked for by the community to fully realise and with careful execution they can be developed so that a player who wishes to use them COULD purchase other forces if they wished to... and convert them into newly assimilated Pathogen-Hybrids! This is something that happens in FSA right now and I would very much like to open it up to the Planetfall player too. Converting and building your own models is an important part of the hobby that is often overlooked, but with the Pathogen we have an opportunity to allow these gamers/modellers their freedom - something I am passionate about.

All this is facilitated of course by a progression in the Firestorm Galaxy background which sees the Pathogen evolving into an entity of its own, no longer reliant on their construct-attachment to the mechanical/physical hosts.... of course the Pathogen can still do it....hence the Pathogen-Hybrid vessels/vehicles :ph34r:.

Cheers,

d

So any given helix can fill any given slot in the helix with either one, is what I think you are getting at? Like, a theoretical WR heavy tank squad could fill the Heavy requirement of the core helix, if desired, with the rest of the army being Directorate.

Does this, say, imply that Veydreth and Ba'Kash will have walkers, given that the Sorylian and Relth forces do? Or will we see slots being more like "heavy vehicle squadron" rather than "heavy walker squadron"?

How will this work with non-Orbat sharing forces? I presume I'd still need to commit a whole helix to, say, an allied Relth Aerial Helix, but would that helix be valid for wombo-comboing a Ba'Kash heavy gunship with some of the Relth drone flyers?

Also, given the goal of having FSA and FSPF being more connected thematically, will something similar be true for FSA, where we'd see closer integration of Natural Allies? I -think- that's a fair question for this thread, haha.

I'm gonna try to get what I can out of you, haha.

lol....why ask one question Hive when you could ask 5.... :ph34r: rhyming aside....

Luckily I can answer cryptically in the following iambic-order.....

No, No, No, Yes.

Ok, I accept that not really an answer to any of your questions, but you will have to wait for the blog. :P

Cheers

d

I really like this skew into more modelling possibilities like squadron swapping or converting Pathogen assimilated models. I know that most of the stuff is going to be blister packaged. However, can we expect opening bringing back the bits/parts shop? I'm sure you know, that nothing makes a modeller happier than a few overpriced bits precisely suited to his crack-brained project. ;)

Hi Voyager.

Yes! A Bits-Service is something I would really like to push for long-term, especially with the Pathogen having so many conversion opportunities.. 

In the short term the Webstore will allow players to buy blisters of all models in the maximum squadron sizes. So... for example.... if you don't want to use Informer Light Tanks anymore, preferring Anarchist Light Tanks instead, then a minimum purchase from the Webstore will allow for this!

28 minutes ago, Spartan Derek said:

Hi Voyager.

Yes! A Bits-Service is something I would really like to push for long-term, especially with the Pathogen having so many conversion opportunities.. 

In the short term the Webstore will allow players to buy blisters of all models in the maximum squadron sizes. So... for example.... if you don't want to use Informer Light Tanks anymore, preferring Anarchist Light Tanks instead, then a minimum purchase from the Webstore will allow for this!

Informer Light Tanks sucks Derek, everybody prefers Anarchist Ligh Tanks! :D:D:D

Thanks for all Derek, you give us hope about the future of PF.

I would hope that there might be a reason to use Informers in the new rules?  I know right now they are hands-down the cruddiest unit in Directorate for me.

Also, I'm much heartened to see some actual back-and-forth with staff again.  I'll try to patiently wait for the blog post, but wanted to let you know that (I at leat) appreciate the fact that you didn't just avoid the angry mob until your due date.

Have you guys addressed the internal issues that lead to this drought of PF in the first place? New stuff is good but consistent support and communication is way better.

On to PF-related questions.

Any hints on illosians? Any hints on allied leviathans? Are you still going to offer Helix bundles (potentially for a discount?) to quickly fill out forces? What about 2.0 is an improvement rule-wise just in broad storkes?