Sign in to follow this  
TwistedD6s

New to TF.

I got the Directorate Task Force group.  I'm hoping if it works for me then the next step will be to pick the large two person starter: Return of the Overseers.  So far I have only heard good things and I love the look of the directorate ships.   Does anyone have any pointers for playing Directorate as part of TF?

Hi @TwistedD6s

Welcome to Taskforce. 

just a little warning, there is not much going on in Taskforce around here. 

Return of the Overseers is mostly aimed at Firestorm Armada players. The scenarios and Overseers miniatures will not necessarily be compatible with Taskforce 

I have not used or faced Directorate in Taskforce. I do like their Turrets and Shields though. 

Hopefully more people will put some input in. 

WA

Yeah, it took too damn long to get the big 6's stats out, and the alliance races still don't have any. Sydnicate, Omnidyne and xelocian do, but in tier respective Patrol Fleet boxes, not for general download.

My thoughts (and others) on TF here

In short, it has it's merits, but is ultimately flawed. It is still a very playable game, and I don't want to dissuade you, but Armada is the better game. Speed come with experience, but if you stick to Armada at 900pts, it will open up force selection whilst making you think about what you take, and give  you quick game..

As for the original point, directorate tactics from Armada will hold true in TF for the most part, so feel free to look. Obviously, boarding and Cloaks are the main differences I can think of from the top of my head  and you'll have to factor those in!