Gen. Eric

Seeking players in the Portland Metro area.

Field Dispatch #277

Greetings from the front lines, fellow Generals and Admirals! I am seeking people in the Portland, Oregon USA metropolitan area who are interested in gathering on Sundays to play Naval(Core) games of any point value at or above 750. @RepubliqueOfLasers and I are getting tired of playing solely against each other and we are looking for fresh blood. Both he and I are mobile with lots of naval models to make diverse forces to make every battle unique. I personally have in my stores, a portable folding 6x4 (Alpha) gaming table and one in need of repair, 2 6x4 Ocean neoprene gaming mats (one regular seas and one choppy seas), I also bring my community chest containing critical effects tokes, micro dice and spare laser line pointers. I am ready to rumble at either public game shop during normal hours, or in a private setting if it is deemed suitable. For reference the 2 shops that are most likely to be suitable as a neutral ground would be Guardian Games on MLK, or Red Castle Games on Foster.  Please respond to me or @RepubliqueOfLasers on the forum, or by messing directly to set up games, leagues or logistics. Remember, Metzger Loves You!

-Gen Eric

Looks like @RepubliqueOfLasers got too burnt to play (those darn RoF heat guns). However, I am a sensible Oregonian and shun the sun and thus have no burns. I still plan on being there about noon. However, if you were planning on meeting @RepubliqueOfLasers, I'm sorry do dash your hopes. But I can raise your hopes by doubling down on a dose of my dashing looks and a peek at my glorious goatee. I'm bringing 2 6x4 ocean mats, hope to you see you there tomorrow, fellow Captains! 

9 hours ago, BuckDharma said:

Family stuff to deal with...but some chance I may free up and swing into PDX. Maybe just for a visit and not a full on game, but hoping that may at least work out.

Sorry to hear it. Hope everything works out. I'll be here next Sunday too, maybe you can make it then.

Had fantastic game with @Der Hochmeister today and @BuckDharma watched him whoop on my PE. They should call them black and blue wolves after all those crits on Der Kaiser. Gonna need to invest in some sub killers, good gravy submerged models are hard to fight. Gonna be back at it again next week, I'm bringing 2 6x4 ocean mats and my battered (and deep fried) Prussians. I may have my Imperium ready by then. Ya'll better watch out for @Der Hochmeister's dice, they roll hotter than a microwaved burrito!! It was a blast though, supper stoked about all the new goodies comming out.

Sorry I missed the action. I was there right at noon, but could only stay for 10 minutes as I had to get back home so that the fam could catch the new Spidey movie (which was amazing, no pun ...okay, maybe a little intended).

I've got Empire, Federated, and the Chinese. Sounds like you don't have a regular FSA player yet, so I'll happily grab that spot. I am somewhat tempted to bring the CF as they are so damn sexy. But the variety with them is so darn limited. Besides, FSA was my first fleet ever, so it will be nice to get back to them. Nice to see a few other people post up. Who knew so many players were around Portland.

We are still here. I only recently got back into the game. I only stopped when my force was stolen from my car (along with a lot of other stuff) and took a break from some games. I'm glad to be getting back into regular battles again. This game wast dead here in Portland, just in hibernation. Or, like Luke in the Bacta tank, just healing up and regaining strength. I'm down at Guardian this comming Sunday, hope to see you there!