Pathogen

SO, I heard there were some new ships shown today?

Some of these ships were test prints so they do not have the full detail.  Neil did not have time to do the high res prints to send to me as he needs them to make the molds :)

6 minutes ago, Spartan Linde said:

Some of these ships were test prints so they do not have the full detail.  Neil did not have time to do the high res prints to send to me as he needs them to make the molds :)

Test prints probably explains why the STL ships seem to lack a pop for me.

Any chance you could place a tape measure alongside the leviathan?

Any way you could fill us in on what to expect from Leviathans rules-wise? What kinds of roles will they fill?

Also, I appreciate that you used taxonomy from the family of spiders that includes the Goliath Birdeater to name that colossal chunk of resin.

Its not a very good tactic if that's the case:P 

corsairs and traders will have a very very limited amount of people who are interested in them, compared to showing stuff for the major factions, its a pretty odd thing too do, especially at a big event:)

Well personally I like the design points I see in the STL, I dunno just me I guess, they speak to me.

Marauders I want more angles to get a full idea, otherwise average.

The Pathogen I don't like but I recognise my dislike stemming from how I envisioned them (I always imagined no uniformity and the fleet consisting of consumed/corrupted other faction ships, so Pathogen would mostly be conversion parts).

Relthoza Leviathan, need more photos and please tell me that isn't the final product. Very lacking in detail and elements to make it pop as a Leviathan, it just lacks elements to draw attention to itself like a centrepiece should.

Honestly that Terran Carrier render, back when it was teased, that should've been renders of these ships followed by production when viable and then you could have had the Terran Carrier + a Zenian one (probably Dindrenzi if you go by pairing precedent) as a nice render done up for Adepticon and then had some PF stuff in there to.

It is nice to see renders, I just worry about how long it will take to get product out to shops. SG should have picked 1 Force, fully detailed it and started production. Then Repeat. 

The Traders look fine as a prototype render. It will come down to final product for me.

The Corsairs match the original Theme and that shows good customer support. I just hope they consider existing customers when them come up with distribution packs. 

The Leviathan looks good so far, it's Cost and Game viability will be the key here for me. Given the odd nature of Relthoza ship design I would have done a Terran, Directorate, or Dindrenzi Leviathan first. I hope they are not going to try to release all 6 major race Leviathans at once though.

I wonder now if the Relthoza Leviathan preview points toward the next starter box set really having Relthoza in it..... Will the 2 player starter have the Exclusive on the Relthoza Leviathan? Uh oh!

the Pathogen look like a cut down version of the Scourge by Hawk. I have been considering getting Scourge for Pathogen. Lots of leftovers for custom captured ships. The Pathogen are fine I guess, vertical like Relthoza. SG could never match all our imaginations on these guys, so these will do, better than nothing 

It is good to se Something, Anything happening around here. It would be nice to see smaller steps more often

So, I'll have more to say later when I have a moment, but that angle on the Leviathan looks like it's cutting off view to the underside- it looks like it may have bits hanging down almost all the way to the flight stand, which means it's got even more mass to it than is readily visible, and more verticality. Might explain why it looks odd. Also, that is... Massive. Compare base size to Daedallus, which people had already noted as being huge.

@Hive  The Leviathan rules are very much Alpha.  They work in a similar fashion to Massive Capitals in Halo Fleet Battles. The rules are way not finalized yet so I hesitate to really say anything about them other than that.

No FSA is not turning into halo I merely stated that the rules for leviathans are similar to the rules for massive capitals from halo fleet battles.  They are based on the concept of having multiple sections that have their own DR, CR and hull points.

Because the ship is so big we had to do some things different than How normal ships function.