Landlubber

What happened to the zeppelin hangar?

I just saw the news about the sale this weekend in the Spartan online store. The Spartan Scenics Hangar Set (the massive zeppelin hangar made of MDF) is being offered for free for orders over a certain amount.

That got me wondering...what happened to this terrain piece? I did a little research and apparently it was released through Spartan Scenics in July 2013, but it's no longer in the Spartan online store. Does anyone know if this will eventually be available for purchase again? I missed out on it when it was first released, and I'm kicking myself now.

@Spartan Mike , why was the Kickstarter lock down date extended? I funded and backed the project before it was closed, I've had my pledge level, add ons, bolt ons, etc. paid for and figured out since day one. Now this extension feels like a slap in the face for having all my gear lined up and ready while other people couldn't figure it out. Can you shed some light on the extension?

@CptEvilstopper while this isn't the topic at hand I will take a moment to adress the situation absolutely! 

I personally have no available information as to why it might have been extended, yet I suspect that since the production forced the date back I imagine the date was pushed back to keep the window open for more folks to potentially jump in or add more to their pledge without missing out. I don't think it was malicious or intended to disappoint, just turning an unfortunate situation into one that might help some other folks out.

Hope that helps!

-Mike

Lol as fun as that would be it's rather unnecessary I am afraid. The trade team and the big boss have been alerted to the enthusiasm of this particular piece of terrain. Just waiting on the decision/gears to fall into position. 

I will be happy to update everyone here as soon as I get anything relevant for you all.

-Mike

Well, I would buy one.  The large and medium flyer docking has alway required a little more imagination than the SAS. The Control tower works OK but it is usually a bit clunky, unless you really go out of your way to make a large tethering area. This also conflicts with the given size of the Air Landing Field for targeting purposes. 

I know, such horrible problems to have. But when it all flows together I am less cranky- and that's good for everyone.

12 hours ago, CptEvilstopper said:

I just got mine today. It's so funny to me. Not counting starship games, DWars and Battletech are the smallest scale games I play.....yet this hanger is bigger than the church I have for FOW! Very impressive!

Is there plans for an assembly guide?

Could you post some pics in the hobby section? Hard to find pictures of assembled hangars (painted or unpainted)...I scoured the internet and only found a few.