Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orwell84

Big stompy robots

I imagine it has been asked before, but since the forum is somewhat inactive, I thought I would check for myself:

Were the "Titan" sized robots ever released?  I seem to recall seeing a picture of the Faust, but it looked like it was at a convention and not personally owned by someone.  I am a sucker for mechs, and would really like to see them made available.  Heck, if FW can get the craziness they charge, I would hope that Spartan could get enough to make it worthwhile to produce them.

1 hour ago, Orwell84 said:

Were the "Titan" sized robots ever released?

Nope. Someone on the forum does have a Faust, though, I believe.

Spartan would have made several sales to me at least by now if they had ever come out.

A lot of cool stuff was shown in 2012 at Colours Wargames Show (Newbury, UK). Including DL scale Faust (a "Titan" sized robot), and a 3-up of an unreleased so far Britannian "explorer" character.

If you are interested in 28-32mm scale, there were also shown some Firestorm Spec Ops miniatures (unreleased 28-32mm game in Firestorm setting).

I didn't participate the show, but you can find some (unfortunately rather crappy) pictures here:

https://silo41.co.uk/2012/09/10/colours-in-review/

There is so much potential in Spartan's stuff...

Interesting stuff there.  Thanks for the link.  I really do hope that the big robots are released sometime.  Maybe they will do another Kickstarter and offer them.

For legions? I could support a small focused one designed to get the large models out. Roll it together with the tanks for the 28mm firestorm ground game they had planned as I think those would sell to the 40k crowd. 

As things stand I think a larger less focused ks for legions would fail.

In my opinion, the most interesting, and in fact the only sensible, would be Dystopian Legions kickstarter dedicated to produce plastic (i.e. polystyrene) core infantry. It would be sort of escape forwards (from the current status of the game). The advantages of having plastic range of models would be immense. Just to mention that the game would join the exclusive polystyrene club, which in itself is an ennoblement and which spawns myriads of advantages and possibilities.

I might be two levels kickstarter. If the first, lower, is reached then commission someone (Renedra?) to actually make the sprues. If the second, higher, level is reached then buy appropriate equipment and make the models themselves. SG have awesome sculptors and I wouldn't be surprised if they've been sitting on some 3D models of plastic-ready sprues already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.