Sign in to follow this  
slimeball

French smalls

On 16/2/2017 at 2:44 AM, Shadowcatdecoy said:

They were the short range fighters of the RoF fleet, though people complained at the lack of range at that time.

I miss my old Lyons a lot; what I miss most are the 2 AP, tbh.

I like the Chevs but they are Fragile and have a main weapon system that can be reduced from your average defense. Its easy to board or shoot which is okay but feels to be a bit lacking. (At least for my take)

Lyons feel like an under powered unit though the state look good on paper (errrrrr pdf).

Requins are hit and miss. Either super great or do nothing. Also hindered but the one hit wonder that most corvettes have (personal experiences have prooved this theory to me).

Finally the Alma.... Ive mentioned my concerns before but I just need more from it and it doesn't have to be much. Even just adding more indirect fire options for naval combat would make this a great unit

Just my thoughts.

11 hours ago, slimeball said:

alma now makes an excellent small for a submarine artillery list

Well, the 16" spotter stings, given that expert spotters were given 24" spotting in most other cases, and with the changes to corrosive, the epaulard lost some of its bite.

But I agree that the Marans is the alma's best friend. I'll try to run such a list once mine arrives, I'll see how the alma fares then

1 hour ago, slimeball said:

let's hope one of the fleet admirals write a small sub with spotter for us :)

then I am going 

2x màrans 12x epalard 4x spotter sub :)

That. Would. Be. AWESOME. :D

Of course, it would make the Alma completely redundant in naval games, but still. Full-sub list Ftw

Chevs are effective but costly small killers. Attacking Mediums or larges with two attacks of 10 rockets, the second facing no AA, means they a good attack to injure a dangerous enemy unit. Same with attacking enemy smalls.

Lyons really good at shredding enemy boarder units , if you can get the in amongst them. Hard to do.