S.Mike

The Republic of Egypt!

I like the Idea of the Egyptians the rendering was cracking. I hope to see the other renderings too. I wonder is it going to be a fleet made completely from Hovercraft? Will make it interesting for going into land battles.

Surely that would mean if they WERE all hovercraft they would be able to move from land to sea and vice versa as long as there was a shoreline.

Is their going to be an Egyptian air force also?

On 2/9/2017 at 4:30 AM, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

I will eventually add the Egyptians to my collection. It will just be a bit difficult to justify fleet #16 with the wife, seeing as my local games club currently only has 2 members within a 100km radius.

I solved this problem by having kids, been playing a game of Dystopian Wars each weekend since I taught my 13 year old the game. Now he wants to start his own fleet!

On 2/9/2017 at 10:16 PM, Spartan Mike said:

As soon as our incredible artists finish the renders I am going to make some more updates for everyone!

This is an incredible faction. I am sure you guys will like what we have brewed up!

-Mike

It certainly looks cool! They were my second choice, I was really hoping it would be Greece, but Egypt is shaping up to be pretty darn cool looking.

38 minutes ago, Xercius said:

I solved this problem by having kids, been playing a game of Dystopian Wars each weekend since I taught my 13 year old the game. Now he wants to start his own fleet!

Pretty long term commitment, I would like to get games in before 13 years from now...  It actually shouldn't be too hard to recruit players as long as you have a spare army or three for other people to use.  There really is a sizable chunk of the population now that play games in various ways that would be willing to give it a try if you don't scare them off with the price of table top gaming before they even try.

2 hours ago, Xercius said:

My daughter has owned her own Japanese force since she was 5. Currently, she's not interested in games, as I'm her only opponent. (When she does want to make the 200km road trip to the nearest flgs, we have to bring everyone with us, and then have to deal with a passenger who tries to make us rush our games because they "didn't just sit for 2 hours in a car, just to sit for 2 hours in a shop")

@Landlubber lol me too!

As soon as everything has an official stamp I'm going to be real annoying with the spoilers!

But because I love the enthusiasm so much... I can drop you some cool tidbits...

All Republic of Egypt Broadsides have the Devastating Special Munitions.

All Republic or Egypt Energy Weapons have the Lethal and Incindiary Special Munitions.

Hope that helps a bit! Boy are they fun...

:)

-Mike

13 minutes ago, Grayghost said:

Hell, first time I saw the Sekhmet I thoght "But It's a russian hovercraft" if all the Navy has this theme. they should look great. I was already enthusiast for my new PE models, but, well Spartan, you did it again!

Given the current background information for them, you could put Soviet decals on them, and get away with it. They're just the Hammer and Kopesh, instead of the Hammer and Sickle.