DorianManhattan

Which nation has the best submarines and airships?

Submarines: I think the Sturmbringer is a nice sub, but the russian medium subs are also pretty nasty. As well as the French ones.

Airships: Prussian Zeppelins are nasty, American Blimps as well. Some French and Russian airships are also very good.

Battleships: Do not underestimate the toughness of the french battleships and their ability to damage multiple targets.

the prussian glitterwolfe is really undercosted in my opinion, it's basically a flying battleship for the cost of a battlecruiser so for value I would say that is the best.

the brittanian airships are ridiculously agile for their size and that can be really useful.

sub wise, the british ones are probably the better ones as they can remain fully effective whilst under water, the others all need to surface in order to fire at least one weapon system (I can't think of any atm that can fire everything under water)

most nations sky fortresses are on a par with each other, the tourbillon is considered a really powerful vessel, as is the Polish zamiec 

The vengeance is sooo easy to kill, you just put some frigate in front of it, then after it rams the frigate or corvette, its sooo easy to board its laughable:) you just have to space stuff out right which isn't hard:) then you don't have to fire anything at it.

I think a key part of the question is missing.  Best looking?  Best firepower?  Most durable?  Coolest/most utility?  Best "all around?"  Most units of said type?  And are you looking for each individual or best combination of both airships and subs in a single nation?

On 7.2.2017 at 7:01 PM, Presidente said:

The vengeance is sooo easy to kill, you just put some frigate in front of it, then after it rams the frigate or corvette, its sooo easy to board its laughable:) you just have to space stuff out right which isn't hard:) then you don't have to fire anything at it.

Yeah, Vengeance is somewhat overpriced for what it does and far easy to board.

Definitely have to mention the Furieux-class medium airships for the RoF. 8 broadside attack dice in RB4, and since it's a flier you can't hide from it. Great-looking airship as well. I like to bring them in as part of my flanking force--12AD in RB 3, or 16 in RB2, can really put the hurt on your opponent's ships, especially if the flank is coming in on turn 3.

For aesthetics...toss-up between the Prussian Gewitterwolke-class and the RoF Tourbillon-class.

I have much less experience with subs in Dystopian Wars, but I really do like the design of the FSA's Boston-class. Very steampunk-looking, with a touch of Jules Verne.

You can board surfaced submarines. Underwater ones require the MAR aquatic assault, which is usually found on submarines to allow them to board without surfacing.

Italian air is powerful but flimsy, much like the rest of the Italian forces. Fast, hits hard, really doesn't want to get shot. Their heavy bomber is quite poor though.

Do CoA aircraft count toward the 'airship' tally? 

Suffice to say that currently they're winning no awards, and we only just got our 1st proper sub, so too soon to judge in game terms,.... as for looks tho; what's not to like with so much alien tech, flying saucers on acid etc.

Airships look so ponderous and sluggish by comparison. The Avengers movies have the only thing that comes close to a CoA sky fortress in appearance.