Sign in to follow this  
S.Mike

Complete List of Dowloads for the Modular BB Series!

Hey folks

Been up in a fevered rage distracting myself from the failures of the Superbowl and in my madness I have wrangled the web-gremlins to post up some stats in the download section (well in like a few minutes I think)!

Corrections on the errors to the broadside arcs on the Magnate have been addressed.

And more importantly, being as the models are so damn incredible and unique in nature...

The stats for the next wave of Modular Battleships for the Covenant of Antarctica, Republique of France and Russian Coalition will be completely spoiled for all your enjoyment!

Please go refresh the heck out of that download section and get into those stats and start your debates and excitement! I really cannot wait to see what you all think of our newest additions for these Great Nations!

Keep in mind that I have gotten these blasted out a bit earlier than most had expected, so there may be some revisions over the coming weeks prior to their official release. I will be around lurking and joining in the chatter and to keep you all posted!

Have fun! :) (any minute now hopefully!)

-Mike

look really good, am disappointed that the 'new tech' of the broadside heat lance wasn't more interesting than a side mounted light heat lance. awesome large hunting ship though.

the other french one is awesome, so much interesting firepower, and I like the hunting modes. I assume that it should be Hunter Submerged not Hunter deep/diving though?

I was spot on with the MkI Descartes... But not at all with the MkII. Energy Blast is not something I even slightly considered. A guardian as well? The MkII looks like a beast to pair up with lighter assault units! Not sure about the Torp painter, though it is more interesting than another E-weapon painter.

Oh, a quick note independent of the models. I really like the more elaborate stat sheet with renders. That said, the use of the DW title font on all the text is a little hard to read, especially for the wordier sections like special rules.

Anyone notice how "squishy" the new CoA and french battleships are? It's not so bad with the Descartes, shields, wave lurking and Inv. Scientists helping cover it, plus relatively low cost battleships. 

The Gascony on the other hand, while very powerful vs their designated prey, they really will not like being hit back, especially the MKII. Against that is once again cost, quite low for their hitting power again.

Pakhtusov? MkI is all about the gun, and boy, is that a serious gun. 23AD in RB 2 and terrifying? Thats going to leave a mark. The MkII Pakhtusov on the other hand, looks like it will be ideal for steaming inside an opposing fleet and then thrashing around.

Spotted a problem with the Russian mk1. In its rule about terrifying, it repeats "combines with the Fore Kannon" instead of "links with Fore Kannon" several times. The model doesn't have directed fire or anything else like that. So that would need changed to clear up confusion....and to not make it an over powered monster

i have been thinking, seeing as the heat broadside was 'reverse engineered from Antarctica tech' is it maybe meant to be fired like a particle accelerator, just with heat instead of whatever the penguins use?

because at the moment we just have a smaller french heat lance which has nothing to do with any weapons the penguins have.

3 minutes ago, slimeball said:

i have been thinking, seeing as the heat broadside was 'reverse engineered from Antarctica tech' is it maybe meant to be fired like a particle accelerator, just with heat instead of whatever the penguins use?

because at the moment we just have a smaller french heat lance which has nothing to do with any weapons the penguins have.

The French heat weapons are microwave-emitter versions of the Antarctic laser weapons. The Gascoigne is basically an oversized Fresnel.

I think in the description though it does make it sound like this is newly acquired technology in a recent campaign, rather than a smaller version of what the French have been using for years. "a concentrated blasting heat shockwave capable of incinerating enemy vessels that dare tread too close" seems much more dramatic than a piddling little 6ad heat lance.

maybe I just looked at all the new toys that other fleets were getting and hoped for too much

I think the Gascony mk II needs a boost to make it worthwhile especially considering the two negative MARS it has.

I do like the utility of the MkI. It is basically a battleship sized Dieppe. I like the Dieppe.

5 hours ago, Azzah said:

Pakhtusov? MkI is all about the gun, and boy, is that a serious gun. 23AD in RB 2 and terrifying? Thats going to leave a mark. The MkII Pakhtusov on the other hand, looks like it will be ideal for steaming inside an opposing fleet and then thrashing around.

I like the Mk II Pakhtusov - the glacier gen. 12", 3 is great it´s finaly useful glacier generator that will not reduce the speed of already slow fleet. I´m looking forward to mimicing this one to hide my entire fleet until I get to RB 2

On 2/6/2017 at 6:49 AM, Spartan Mike said:

They are up! huzzah!

I can finally rest for a few hours! :ph34r:

Enjoy everyone!

-Mike

Nicely Done Spartan Mike! It is awesome to have the stats for the models out close to when they are announced rather than some weeks after you get the models. Keep up the good work.