Benchpresser

Corsican Incident

I will absolutely be sharing more renders for all the new models included in this awesome new Scenario box! Just need to be sure to have them completely finalized before I do so! Watch this space!

I seem to recall it being discussed that no models within the set would be "exclusive", though I cannot yet be certain as to the time table for indavisual release.

-Mike

4 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

I will absolutely be sharing more renders for all the new models included in this awesome new Scenario box! Just need to be sure to have them completely finalized before I do so! Watch this space!

I seem to recall it being discussed that no models within the set would be "exclusive", though I cannot yet be certain as to the time table for indavisual release.

-Mike

Mike,

Any way you guys can include a Flyer in the box set that 2.5 rules are coming soon and will not be a complete change of rules?  That way any new players that buy the set won't have bad feelings when 2.5 rolls out a month or so later?

That's actually something I was going to discuss today! ;)

I'm fairly certain there will be some kind of information about the upcoming releases and modified version included in the kit, as mentioned before, the included rules are more or less a bonus perk to the box, the real meat on the bone is the huge value of the kits models and the cool scenario.

-Mike

21 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

-Mike

Great to see you here Mike, looking forward to seeing the render of the Fortified Prison Model!

5 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

@DorianManhattan This cool new piece of terrain will first be made available as part of the Corsican Box shipping this month, but alas I do not have the complete and concrete date as of yet. I will try to see about getting an official schedule for it!

-Mike

Good luck on that one. He told me that he hasn't even thought about that yet. Not long after was about as specific as he got.

I am really interested in when the new models will be available separately. Sadly the price of the box, whilst very good for the contents, is too high when all I really want is 4 Fury frigates, the italian gunships and the black wolf rocketship. And maybe the prison tower. I like the prison tower.

26 minutes ago, DorianManhattan said:

Will the Corsican Incident have the new 2.5 DW rulebook that contains the Fleet Actions rules inside? 

No, it's been said that it will ship with the 2.0 rulebook. Maybe an update after the kickstarter delivery will see the box upgraded to a 2.5 rulebook, who knows?

34 minutes ago, DorianManhattan said:

But this box doesn't come with the fleet action rule book right? Thumbs down 

The Corsican Incident is an exciting 2-Player Battle Box which features 25 highly detailed models, TWO full colour rulebooks (Dystopian Wars 2.0 and Fleet Action), tokens, templates and dice. All a gamer needs for countless hours of fun and excitement. This set brings together two of our coolest Dystopian Wars Alliance Nations in an action-packed encounter, letting you kick off your exciting 2017 gaming in style!

From the shop entry for this box.  It does include fleet action.

On 2/2/2017 at 5:47 AM, Merlin said:

The only thing that has me sad at this is that I already have a substantial Italian fleet, and don't need extras of the other models, but the new cruiser won't be released for some time yet on its own. And I've zero interest in a black Wolf fleet. 

As much as I'd love to get the new cruiser....I'll have to wait for someone to put then up on eBay by themselves, or spartan releases then singly. 

I'm interested in only the Black Wolf part of the box and happy to split a box.  Based in Australia.

When the 2.5 rules are available will the 2.0 rules currently in the Corsican Incident box be replaced with the new rule book? 

I quite fancy the box but probably not until after the Kickstarter ships and I could find a home for the new rulebook. 

Most likely not.  Switching books in retail packages is a pain since the customer is never sure what they are getting.  Old stock can sit in warehouses a long time and Spartan does not want to deal with retailers and distributors demanding to return them once boxes ship with updated rules.  Online retailers (especially ebay sellers) will usually not tell you what version of the rules is included either purposefully or just because they don't realize there are two versions.

Including the 2.0 rules is as much about getting rid of old books as much as it is anything else.  2.5 is not going to be a complete rewrite so if you learn 2.0 now you will be able to slip into 2.5 with minimal changes.

That makes sense. Thanks for the response. 

I've got the 2.0 rules book from when operation I bought Shadowhunter last year and the 2.5 rules will be  (handsomely bound) with my Kickstarter so I'm a bit over supplied with 2.0 rule books. 

Hey ho, can't be helped. 

The Rules 2.0 book seems a point of contention for a lot of people so hears an idea. If it is a spare copy, Donate it to a less wealthy player or your local game shop to help spread the DW player base. If it is not a spare add it to your collection. Just an idea

Spartan are in a dammed if they do and dammed if they don't situation when it comes to the rulebook in the box. 

Right now the complaint is why did they decide to put the v2 rulebook into the box instead of the v2.5.

However, if they hadn't of put a rulebook into a 'starter set' new and old players would be complaining about the lack of a rulebook inside of a starter set.

Also, we are not guaranteed a March release for the v2.5 rulebook.  Something may happen that the rulebook needs to be delayed for an extra month or so. So having the v2 rulebook would be invaluable in that situation.

Plus, the rules will be made avaliable online anyway. So any changes that are made in it will still be caught by most players and new players who look for it. 

In my opinion, having a rulebook in a starter set is the right thing to do. It might be an older rulebook, but it is better to have it than no rulebook at all. At the very least it will help teach the basics of how to play to new players.