We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Slayerr77

Furieux scout ship, used much?

I own 3 squadrons.

They are extremely useful for area denial, and have a very good payload of mines, but are also bullet magnets because of it. I usually run a Cherbourg (another bullet magnet) close by to force a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decision on my opponents, to force a choice between dying by heat lances, or dying by mines

yeah when i look at them, their stats scream area denial. only thing putting me off is they are rather expensive for having no defensive MARs or gens (same problem i find with all the french air units) and two of the weapon systems u have to choose one or the other to use each activation. 

sadly being obscured dosent really help me much personally, my opponents roll lots of 5's +6's lol i run pascals all the time and they always die turn 1. stopped using my tourbillons as the same happens, that or they are on 1-2Hp and have been rendered useless haha im planning to run them alongside a rossoeux and a unit of 5 frelons and do a full court press, scout ships mine laying the mid board while going full pelt at the enemy, while being flanked by a bomber squad on each side. my hope is that the air units soak up alot of activation fire, that my hard hitting naval units (mainly la rochelle and dieppes) can make it a few turns with little damage taken. I was thinking advanced deployment for all 3 aswell

so i decided to give them a go yesterday in a 1250pt game

my list was:

la rochelle: cloud, GNE

heavy bomber
3 dieppes
3 furieux: aggressive crew
3 light cruisers

4 lyon
5 frelon

My opponents list using indian raj:

carrier
heavy battleship with time flow
heavy battleship with shields and 2 corvettes

monitor
3 cruisers with an apollo

5 corvettes 
3 heavy destroyers

sadly his dice rolls were insane, turn one he double critted the heavy bomber from RB3 with his monitor (i was obscured aswell). 2 furiaux (also obscured) were killed by his battleships turn 1, and the final one had 2HP and a chaos in disarray at the start of turn 2.

my obscured frelons got pretty much wrecked early on as well by his dive bombers

game was really fun tho, at the end i still had a light cruiser, my opponent had a carrier, 2 cruisers and 7 corvettes left. will have to run these units again as i dont think it was a good representation due to the insane dice rolls lol

Saddly RoF medium are papercraft, so a list with 3 medium squadrons and only 1 large model in a 1250pts game has very little chance to win... Furieux are not bad, but for the price of 2 you may have a Tourbillon who whill live longer and have much more impact on the game ! Same for the marseilles : for the same price a full gun magenta with cloud generator will last far longer on the table and put more damage on ennemy fleet...

On 25/01/2017 at 10:38 AM, Amiral X said:

Saddly RoF medium are papercraft, so a list with 3 medium squadrons and only 1 large model in a 1250pts game has very little chance to win... Furieux are not bad, but for the price of 2 you may have a Tourbillon who whill live longer and have much more impact on the game ! Same for the marseilles : for the same price a full gun magenta with cloud generator will last far longer on the table and put more damage on ennemy fleet...

the list tbh was more of a mess around lol saying that tho i love my marseilles, they always do really good for me. the magenta, as much as i love the model, it never does well in game, just degrades to much, same with the tourbillon sadly, which every game i use it, im lucky to have 2-3 HPs left on it come turn 2. 

my main goal atm is to change up my lists, try using other units as my competitive lists can get rather stale to use lol