Jump to content
Pads1982

Delivery times

Recommended Posts

I'm waiting on 2 orders from Nov and Dec respectively 

No response to email

I worry the Kickstarter shipping will be just as bad (considering the rumoured volume of further addons they are going to make available through the pledge manager)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn’t miss much.

I mailed them twice myself, and was promised twice my order would be shipped “early next week”, guess what happened.

Exactly, nothing happened.

But last Friday my order got shipped at last, at least that’s what the mail said, but I haven’t received the shipment yet, so who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Registered just to comment on this.  I recently got into Firestorm Armada.  I love the ship sculpts, especially the older ones. As a result, I've made two large orders in the last 6 months.  The one I did in Oct. came very quickly, but was only one of the clearance bundles.  I did another, larger, order then had both a clearance bundle and several additional box sets on 01-Dec-16 (missed the Black Friday sale:().  As you can imagine, this was not cheap.  I've still not received it :angry:.  Lizzy has been excellent in responding and being apologetic, but it's clear we're not being given the truth in how long it's really going to take to get our orders.  I don't know if she isn't being given accurate information or what.

As a new player, this is definitely turning me off the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just emailed them again asking where the remaining parts of my order are. It has been 69 days since I made my order. The fact Spartan employees seem to be avoiding this thread but addressing others just makes things worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an order consisting of two Dystopian Wars boxed sets on the 31st January and 2nd February.  They have not yet been dispatched.  I was intending to order some more stuff from the shop this week, but am now wary of doing so after reading the comments above.  I have sent an email to the despatch department, hopefully they will respond soon.  Can anyone tell me why they are taking so long to dispatch my order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

placed order 12 days ago, still being processed....and to late to cancel, after this time and still not even shipped i'd expect to be able to cancel so i can sink my money into something i actually get.

 

Very dissapointed spartan, get your **** together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly seems to be the case that Spartan Games has some issues with dispatching orders in a timely manner.  I can only speculate on why that is.  I have a sneaking suspicion that every time someone makes an order, Spartan Games have to actually manufacture the models before dispatching them (I'm not sure if they manufacture them in house or by contractor), instead of having a supply of boxed sets and models on the shelf ready to be dispatched- perhaps they lack the warehousing space to do this, or lack the means to calculate the number of each boxed set and model to hold in reserve.  On that basis, I am wondering whether the recent release of these new battleships and Halo models has overwhelmed Spartan Games, due to the fact that they may have a manufacturing backlog as well as a delivery backlog?  I say this because I made an order a few weeks ago, before these new models were released, and it was dispatched one day after I had placed the order.   Another reason for the dispatch delays may be that Spartan Games have reached that critical point in the life of every service-oriented business where the demand on their services has begun to overwhelm their ability to perform, and they lack the capital or investment to grow to meet the demand- a point at which many businesses fail because they enter into a cycle of declining demand for services due to bad customer service, which decreases profits that could be re-invested in the business, which further erodes the ability of the business to meet service demand.  I sincerely hope that this is not the case, as I like what Spartan Games have to offer.  However, it would be nice if a representative of Spartan Games could clarify the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2017 at 11:59 PM, Presidente said:

I wonder how this will affect Kickstarter, seems to be a lot having order/delivery problems atm:)

Not in any way apologizing for their performance since my order came in over two months after placing it, but I have hopes that the kickstarter will have less delays. The number of backers and what they have ordered are known in advance, which will help with the planning for manufacturing. That said, somewhere in the back of my mind I have a voice that says a one month delay is inevitable with Spartan Games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 01-Dec-16 order I mentioned above just shipped. Oddly enough my notification on shipping from Spartan beat my notification from Hawk about finally shipping my Kickstarter goods from Dropfleet by about an hour. :lol: Hopefully the rest of you who are waiting will get your orders soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, Lord_Adonis said:

It certainly seems to be the case that Spartan Games has some issues with dispatching orders in a timely manner.  I can only speculate on why that is.  I have a sneaking suspicion that every time someone makes an order, Spartan Games have to actually manufacture the models before dispatching them (I'm not sure if they manufacture them in house or by contractor), instead of having a supply of boxed sets and models on the shelf ready to be dispatched- perhaps they lack the warehousing space to do this, or lack the means to calculate the number of each boxed set and model to hold in reserve.  On that basis, I am wondering whether the recent release of these new battleships and Halo models has overwhelmed Spartan Games, due to the fact that they may have a manufacturing backlog as well as a delivery backlog?  I say this because I made an order a few weeks ago, before these new models were released, and it was dispatched one day after I had placed the order.   Another reason for the dispatch delays may be that Spartan Games have reached that critical point in the life of every service-oriented business where the demand on their services has begun to overwhelm their ability to perform, and they lack the capital or investment to grow to meet the demand- a point at which many businesses fail because they enter into a cycle of declining demand for services due to bad customer service, which decreases profits that could be re-invested in the business, which further erodes the ability of the business to meet service demand.  I sincerely hope that this is not the case, as I like what Spartan Games have to offer.  However, it would be nice if a representative of Spartan Games could clarify the situation. 

At the moment they are certainly having to manufacture bits when orders come in All the resin and metal is done in house, on site. From the dispatch team a few weeks ago;

Quote

I completely understand your sentiments and can only apologise for our failure to fulfil your order.

I have spoken to dispatch and they have packed what they can from your order but it is not quite complete. Would you like us to send what we have and then send the rest when the products have been made?

 

In this instance the remaining boxes (which may have shipped yesterday, 70+ days since the order was placed and 2 emails) are the core Naval sets for KoB, PE and Ruskies. Core Boxes.

 

Ccurrently it appears Spartan is chronically understaffed. I think the crux of the issue is the same as you identified. They have reached a critical point of the physical size of company vs size of business they are trying to do. Unfortunately Spartan Games is located in pretty much the middle of nowhere, out in the depths of the countryside. The nearest village has a large retired population (My Grandparents actually used to live there!). The geographical placement makes it hard recruit and retain staff to grow the industrial capabilities.  I think Spartan need to relocate to a more suitable area, like the outskirts of Bath/Bristol/Salisbury,  then they will have better access to people and facilities. Would they ever move? No. It's currently nice and close to the CEOs house.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kaptyn Krys said:

I think Spartan need to relocate to a more suitable area, like the outskirts of Bath/Bristol/Salisbury,  then they will have better access to people and facilities. Would they ever move? No. It's currently nice and close to the CEOs house.

 

They should open a second location, in, say, Leeds. Or York. I am totally unbiased and totally am not looking for a new job or conveniently near either of those two cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also we need to take into account from what some of us have heard here and there that SG had some kind of change in personal recently that put many things into limbo until that was all sorted out.  Mongoose Publishing had the same problem, and it did slow down game development and shipping, but after it got sorted out, they were back on track.  Even giants like GW have that problem from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update on my delivery progress.  On February 6th, I contacted despatch via email to ask about the status of my orders.  They replied to my email the next day, saying that my orders would be investigated and sent before the end of this week.  The day after that, the order that I placed on 2nd February was dispatched.  Unfortunately, I received another email from despatch on February 9th, stating that they had inadvertently applied a discount code to the order that I placed on the 31st January, and would have to send them an additional payment via paypal to get it shipped.  I subsequently did so on the same day.  Now we come to today, where I sent an email to despatch this morning, asking for confirmation that the additional payment had been processed by them and confirmation that my remaining order would be shipped by the end of today.  I have not received a reply, so sadly it looks like my remaining order will not be shipped today and is still in limbo.  I have to admit that I am slightly annoyed by this, as well as the fact that Spartan managed to mess up something as simple as a discount code (which I was not even eligible for), when someone like Citadel/GW manage to process thousands of them correctly every day.  Unfortunately, I am forced to wonder whether I was rather naïve and premature in investing in some Dystopian Wars models.  Now don't get me wrong, the ruleset is pretty good and could be fantastic with some tweaking , and the models themselves look fantastic- however, my recent experience, as well as having read nightmare accounts of items taking months to be delivered, and my intimate knowledge of failing and failed businesses forces me to reconsider spending more money with Spartan Games, despite the fact that they have some really decent product lines in Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada/Planetfall.  Their clear deficiencies on the sales and distribution side of things make me wonder if I should have spent my limited funds on Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander instead?  If my remaining order doesn't ship by Wednesday next week, I will have to consider finding another game.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got my Black Friday order a week ago.

All the FA boxes, and I ordered over a dozen, don’t have a quality control “code” sticker, and the number of quality issues I’m finding inside them is simply appalling.

Apart from that, the way the items in a number of the boxes were packed proves they weren’t packed by people who knew what they were doing (with a lot of damaged parts as a result.)

So it seems pretty clear to me that Spartan has serious problems where it comes to the competence of its current production personnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Final black friday orders came this weekend. I've yet to go through and check the contents however. 2 out of the 3 core naval boxes didn't come with the display sleeving. Just the plain cardboard with the item number written on in pen. Evidently they are very busy and have run out of printed product sleeves! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2017 at 5:44 PM, Frans said:

I finally got my Black Friday order a week ago.

All the FA boxes, and I ordered over a dozen, don’t have a quality control “code” sticker, and the number of quality issues I’m finding inside them is simply appalling.

Apart from that, the way the items in a number of the boxes were packed proves they weren’t packed by people who knew what they were doing (with a lot of damaged parts as a result.)

So it seems pretty clear to me that Spartan has serious problems where it comes to the competence of its current production personnel.

Have you sent an email to Lizzie or Neil? Or give them a ring? I highly suggest you push this complaint through because this is of greater concern than not receiving your items at all in my opinion. I've always had good experience with their packing and missing items but this sounds a new level of bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr1mdan said:

Have you sent an email to Lizzie or Neil? Or give them a ring? I highly suggest you push this complaint through because this is of greater concern than not receiving your items at all in my opinion. I've always had good experience with their packing and missing items but this sounds a new level of bad.

I haven’t, but I will e-mail Lizzie soon.

As it happens I’m also having some issues with my “stockage sale” order, and with recently received faulty service parts for orders I placed earlier during 2016 as well.

So I’m currently compiling a (rather long) list…

 

In general the Spartan stuff I order is seldom entirely free of issues, but most of what I order is for FA, the DW products are much less prone to quality issues, probably because most of it uses a much simpler casting process (the issues with the FA miniatures are seldom with the simple drop-on parts, they’re almost always with the parts cast in the more complex two-part moulds.)

But with the Black Friday order, as I mentioned previously, the issues count is way up.

And I don’t think Spartan isn’t aware of these problems, I think they simply decided to lower quality in order to raise output, to work away a huge backlog.

 

I have worked half my life in a production environment (production, maintenance, and quality control) and, to me, it looks pretty clear what’s been happening at Spartan Games recently.

They clearly bit of more than they could chew, and these are the inevitable consequences.

I hope they get this under control before it sinks them  :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.