Bratr

Thought on KS new units

They look nice, that's for sure. The Murmansk in particular. And they may do the fleet a lot of good. Depending on stats, all those units have lots of potential.

Gun Corvettes fit a niche in the small slot that was empty, the one of fast and cheap gunnery vessels. The Rostov isn't cheap, the Kasimov has no guns and the frigates are hardly fast. It will be the first "normal" naval Small in the RC ORBAT.

Light Cruisers are desperately needed. First, because it would provide a non-capital Medium with wide gun arcs, so finally an anti-Small option that doesn't rely on Area Bombardment. Second, because I'd love a decently fast yet adaptable Medium to support the Azov. I don't think it will eclipse the other entries, not with what looks like a Primary 8/6/-/- turret and a Secondary 5/6/-/- light mortar. But it will help. I just hope it will be on the cheap side (say, 50-55 points).

The Large Submarine, I don't know. I'll take any Large that allows me to mix things up but it looks somewhat weird. A Heavy Mortar, some torpedoes and what looks like a rear-facing gun (or is it fore guns and torpedo turret?) make for an "interesting" combination.

Either way, I want them.

Definately looking forward to the Pakhtusov, the cannon one should be suitably terrifying at range, especially if the turrets can link with the main cannon.

Personally I'm looking forward to the fortress ship, long ranged assault and truly ludicrous amounts of AP? yes please. Especially as the blurb makes it look like that the hull will be faster or even get advanced engines alongside Sturginium boost.

13 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

Linking Russian Primary Turrets with the savagly powerful Fore Kannon for a truly horrifying concert of destruction? Check!

Long range armadas of well trained Cossacks? Check!

You proud russkies are going to LOVE the Pakhtusov!

-Mike

You already said too much! Obviously, those big guys are going to be fun ;)

Thrilled to see you guys are excited for the new ships.

I am going to put my efforts into TRYING to get the stats posted up prior to release.

A lot of that will hinge on me getting absolutely comfortable with the finalized stats before I unleash them for everyone to enjoy.

The testing continues all weekend!

-Mike

I don't think even the word "excited" can describe the feeling I have for the new vessels.  Just don't make them too brutal....cause that means more of a mess it will make of the enemy vessels and more I have to clean up later. 

15 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

@Garthim Thrilled to hear the excitement! Haha the ocean will become a wasteland!

@Feser One 

victorh уверен!

"The only thing that counts in the end is power, naked merciless force!"

-General Ursus; Beneath the Planet of the Apes-

13 hours ago, Lord Nobody said:

@FesernOne " It's a trap !" except in Russain?

это ловушка!

It is a trap!

стрелять пушки!
потопить врага!

Fire the cannon!

Sink the enemy!

The Pakhtusov is a very beautiful model. I ordered two. I'm going to build one of each and with the spare parts I'm got plans for them too. That mark II version has a really nice central command exhaust vent structure and I want to use it to replace the the regular command structure on my Moskva. It'll give my dreadnought a more commanding presence. I could also possibly use it on a Kursk.

Thank you Spartan Mike.

Some of that surprised me, though now the idea of someone trying to board a Pakhtusov MKII just has me cackling madly.

Don't suppose you've stumbled across anything about the new large sub or the light cruisers from the Kickstarter have you?