Sign in to follow this  
tibour

Thought on KS new units

Providence Class Bombard Monitor (Large) (Unit size 1)  This really sounds good to me and hearken back to first edition when FSA was the master of indirect fire. I like the flavor of stealing the catapult recon fighters from the French as well.

Calico Light Carrier (Medium) (Unit size 1-2) This also makes me happy. I have been using the Apollo support carriers in a similar role already. It kind of reminds of of the Princeton class CVLs of WW2. I hope that they have an air group of 4

Animas Class Attack Submarine (Small) (Unit size 2-4) This will provide some company for the Boston. It tends to get lonely.

I think these units are a great addition to the fleet. I will defenately pick up a box. Might wait till retail due to the fact that main main fleet is PE and I like carriers..

I´m looking forward for the monitor and the subs.
 I hate the carrier activation spam lists as they are so over powered and kills the game for any other type of lists, so I´m not impressed by another carrier but i may be impressed by the model as usual..

Anyone else feel like the new carrier model is just a bit... off?

I've narrowed it down to the bridge. If I cover that with my finger, the rest of the hull looks perfectly fine, but with the bridge there's just something odd...

9c0b9f9efeecd66351fab9686abd4105_original.jpg

I don't really mind it on the Battleship. They function as more of flagships for the fleet to rally around.

But I don't think it works on the Medium carrier as well. They are more of the workhorses of the fleet. Plus their size doesn't leave as much room for extraneous things. I think that it just adds clutter to the Calico.

My thought is to keep it for the Mississippi and possibly Providence but take it from the Calico.

I love 'em. Assuming the Animas has AP 3 it will work great with turtles and corvettes in the FSA boarding rush.  The Providence looks like it will be a great partner to the Sky Reaper Mississippi, allowing me to field an aggressive and defensive battleship, and the Calico sounds interesting. 

All in all I think they really help round out the FSA fleet. Personally I don't mind the bunting, it does seem remiscent of The Great White Fleet and I like the idea that as the FSA has developed it has started to promote its brand through naval might. I would like to see them painted in real life though.

I'm looking forward to the Monitor battleship. I think the medium carriers are a nice addition to the FSA carrier fleet and the boarding subs are nice to mix it up.

I'll take my medium carriers without the bunting though on the battleships I don't mind it that much.