Sign in to follow this  
Kermit999

Aegis question

Afternoon, fellow Terrans.  I've got a bit of a n00b question, tried searching on here already and can't find the answer...

The Aegis shield cruiser can have an additional 2" command distance as an upgrade, but how does that help?  The shield has a range of 6", and the cruiser doesn't carry SRS...I'm missing something obvious here but I don't know what!

Thanks.

I think the idea is that you can expand the bubble of shield protection from a squadron. The command distance bonus is actually 3 inches. By having them sit 9 inches apart from each other a squadron of 3 can nearly cover a total line 30 inches wide (9 inches from either side of the central one plus the 6 inch shield bubble on either side).

17 minutes ago, Oramion said:

Yes, but when you take 2 Aeagis to accomp a carrier it might be a good idea to give one of them +2'' cmd to shield an apollo for example.

So the increased command distance actually increases the shield radius from 6" to 9", right?