Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slick

The League of Crimson

With the upcoming release of the Kickstarter, I think it would be great to come up with some rules to represent these guys in Legions. Once we have a bit more background information, coming up with some test rules should be fine. Anyone else feel that this could be a good addition to the game?

At the end of 2012 Spartan announced they were going to be releasing the Honourable Eclipse Company for DL soon.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/cry-havoc

I don't remember other mercenaries at the beginning of V2 but I'll look around.

By the way. I'm not happy that I looked at that. It reminded me that DL is now over four years old and we've only gotten to this point in all that time.

Hmm, that's going back a bit, isn't it?

During 2013 we’re rolling out several boxed sets of characters for Dystopian Legions to add even more colour and depth to our tabletop miniature game.

Deary me. This is why one really oughtn't to ever announce anything unless the plans are actually already, absolutely, set in stone.

I must admit I do kind of like the idea of house-ruling units, at least for discussion and social game purposes, until anything more substantial comes along, especially if appropriate 32mm miniatures are available.

Big game hunters, so a few Buffalo trackers from the Yanks, and sniper rifle models elsewhere.  Line troops mercenaries, possibly Gurkhas?  A net.  Additional victory points for killing or capturing commanders, especially named characters.  

So I just read the Kickstarter blog with the information about the League of Crimson. 

They are very wealthy but small in number united by a love of war. 

They fight with stolen CoA technology.

I don't think it'd be to difficult to come up with a section or two of mercenaries for them.

Expensive highly skilled with CoA weapons and technology. I think drones would be much now difficult for the mercenaries to repurpose.

Possibly some energy weapon snipers. I'll look through the Orbats to see what I can think of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.