Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tibour

Thoughts on the Mississippi

Recommended Posts

Also @Nazduruk_Bugzappa Why would you use the Independence with the K-drive when you have the Mississippi Mk2?

The Mk2 has redoubtable volley guns, they don't have the short range penalty, 2 of them are fore firing so it gets more firepower while advancing, Shield(3), K-drive, 7" Move, all for 180 points. The only downside is only AP 8 but even then is Aggressive.

 

The Mississippi is better than the Independence in almost every way. I'm sure that the point is the Independence just counts as a Mississippi... Or it's going to get a significant points discount coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, roadkizzle said:

Also @Nazduruk_Bugzappa Why would you use the Independence with the K-drive when you have the Mississippi Mk2?

The Mk2 has redoubtable volley guns, they don't have the short range penalty, 2 of them are fore firing so it gets more firepower while advancing, Shield(3), K-drive, 7" Move, all for 180 points. The only downside is only AP 8 but even then is Aggressive.

 

The Mississippi is better than the Independence in almost every way. I'm sure that the point is the Independence just counts as a Mississippi... Or it's going to get a significant points discount coming up.

I'm referring to the actual model. The independence can be used as a mk1. To run the mk2, you need the volleyguns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have three Independence BB....I was gonna convert one into an Annapolis, but I think now all three will be Mississippi BB.  

I'll call them Alabama Pattern, because Mississippi is my neighbor state and honestly not worth mentioning.  

 

So that said, how would you go about scratchbuilding heavy volley guns?  I'm thinking modified Prussian Calcification Gens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ozysturn said:

Did anyone else notice in the Mark 1 the fore and aft guns were Tertia weapons and on the Mark 2 secondary.  Is this an error?

Yes it's a mistake and will be corrected soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 January 2017 at 5:49 PM, CptEvilstopper said:

So that said, how would you go about scratchbuilding heavy volley guns?  I'm thinking modified Prussian Calcification Gens.  

I don't know if they can be ordered individually from the parts store, but the landing fields come with detached heavy volley guns, mounted in small emplacements....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should the Fore / Aft Guns on the Mississippi be Volley weapons? Is this an error on the data-card?

It seems odd that they have the same range bands as most of the other volley guns, they have the same AD as those on similar size vessels (Liberty, Independence & Georgetown) and they have the same name (minus, of course, the word "volley")...

If, as it seems, the Mississippi is a replacement for the Independence (and in most other respects has a very similar load-out to the older vessel), shouldn't it have volley guns? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the update dropped.  Changes below

Both hulls

1. Aft guns have been rolled into broadsides.

2. Broadsides get sustained fire 1

3. Fore guns are now Heavy volley guns with a fixed forward arc and sustained fire 1.

MK 1 Hull

CC dropped from 6 to 5

MK 2 Hull

Points raised to 195 due to broadside and fore gun changes.

 

My thoughts

the MK 1 is a solid gunboat, as as my main opponents are usually French and Russian the rocket battery will remain at home.

With the change f the deck guns on the MK11 to heavy volley guns that gives this battle ship a bit more tactical flexibility.  with the turrets able to link with the heavy volley guns you can still get respectable fire without needing to bring in the third turret.  15 ad in range band two directly in front of the ship if you wish to link fire, but with he sustained fire rule on the volley guns it may or may not be in our best interest to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2017 at 7:47 PM, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

My only "concern" about the Mississippi is that I now have to convert my Independence battleships to other vessels.

Rather, my Independence IS a Missippi MK1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks

Just finished painting up my Mississippi and thought you might like to see a pic.  Here is the Mk II, bunting and all.  Now I've painted it, I quite like the idea of the bunting, but it should be noted that the Mississippi has a largely bunting-free top deck option, which is technically designated Mk I, but can be used as either, as there is no actual difference beyond the slightly elongated bridge.  I also note that the Mississippi comes with a kinetic generator drop-on, rather than a shield (unless I've got my sculpts mixed up)

 

58b0e4f5af144-Comet1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pugwash... Sigh. Yes indeed there was an error made unfortunately in my documents being translated to the pretty ones you all get! Apologies for that sir. I am going to go through them all and correct all the errors (there have been a few that are really bugging me, in addition to some tuning issues for a few of the more recent ones), hopefully I can get that done soon, but I have been jamming on a large variety of projects desperately playing catch up! Apologies! ;)

In regards to the question at hand: The Mk2 Should have Sustained Fire1 on ALL of its Volley Guns as well as its Broadsides. Quite the vessel!

Thanks again for sharing the incredible paintwork and for helping us along in pointing out the error. It always helps me out a bunch!

-Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25-2-2017 at 9:11 AM, Spartan Mike said:

@Pugwash... Sigh. Yes indeed there was an error made unfortunately in my documents being translated to the pretty ones you all get! Apologies for that sir. I am going to go through them all and correct all the errors (there have been a few that are really bugging me, in addition to some tuning issues for a few of the more recent ones), hopefully I can get that done soon, but I have been jamming on a large variety of projects desperately playing catch up! Apologies! ;)

In regards to the question at hand: The Mk2 Should have Sustained Fire1 on ALL of its Volley Guns as well as its Broadsides. Quite the vessel!

Thanks again for sharing the incredible paintwork and for helping us along in pointing out the error. It always helps me out a bunch!

-Mike

Scribbles notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.