Vedar

PF 2017

I just read the survey blog 2 post and I think that should settle a number of fears. I've been trying to get a PF group off the ground in my area and found it rough going without knowing what is going on with the game. I'm really looking forward to 2.0 as I hope it can do to PF what 2.0 did for FA. We do need more flexible list options and it looks like they are working on it. If we get some good stuff in 2017 I guess I can hold out.

ps. fix the Relthoza

A new edition of a game usually generates new interest in that game, and hopefully that'll be the case for Planetfall. It also looks like the allied core helices and more flexible helix construction rules will come with 2.0 as well. An RSN army with Nyx in support will be scary, calling it now. :)

If 2.0 will do anything close for Planetfall like what the 2.0 rules did for Armada, I'll call that a great success.

The blog post promises many great things across the wide Spartan Range. All of them would be wonderful, but are they taking too big a bite?

I would have liked to see more focussed goals, I get worried by the " lets do everything " business model. 

Well if nothing else, there is at least hope...

Keep the Blogs coming Spartan, get some releases out ASAP (a little for each system is better than a lot for one), and don't promise anything you can't follow through on. 

WA

not going to hold breath but hopeful something will happen in 2017. Just hope the rules re-write dont challenge us to scrap existing models or make some models outdated and unusable. Hopefully the sqd sizes will be left alone so we dont have to hunt for the 1 xtra model[aka Legions].

Didnt really care too much for the 2.0 DW, so Im hoping they will take the rules in a streamlined fashion and I know Delboy can do it.  Do you know how many UCS rulebooks I have left?.........................

On 11/4/2016 at 1:38 PM, StingrayP226 said:

This is a huge one for me... I really do not believe half the stuff Spartan says anymore unless its on their pre-order page.

Ask the Halo Ground players how well the pre-orders have been working out.  I don't think they have actually seen a Pelican dropship photo much less having it actually shipped.  That thing went on pre-order how many months ago?

I don't understand what's gone wrong. Spartan has some great games with fantastic miniatures and a wide player base. We don't want another game. We want support for the current games. 

Surely it's easier to continue what you have than try to break new ground. 

The tunnel is very dim. But I will give Spartan a chance to get a light going at the end. 

WA

Hello,

I have just bought the Planetfall rulebook as I was quite excited about it, however there is alot of negativity on here about it. Im a bit concerned ill be buying into a dead game.... Its a pity because it has got my attention, it looks really cool and the rulebook looks nice, havent read it all yet but seems ok.

Should I wait a bit before diving into this?

If by dead, you mean hasn't had a release in a while, then, yes - but on the flip side each of the six main races has a full complement of helices, so it's not like it's unplayable. 

One thing you have to remember about forums like this is that negative voices tend to have a disproportionate amount of volume, as those who are happy usually aren't commenting - they're playing - and those who have an axe to grind tend to want their opinion to be heard. Also you'all come to recognise some of the regulars around here and what position they hold. 

Biggest problem I think you'll face will be getting a scene going. Whilst you can get into the game fairly cheaply (core vs core games can still be fun) it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy in getting somthing started - lack of players means others will be unwilling to dive in which means lack of players...and it isn't helped with the (somewhat deserved) reputation Spartan has.

But hey - why not give it a shot? Buy a Leviathan or an Assault Helix, see if that draws some attention...and if it doesn't, at least you'll have a cool model for your shelf.

13 hours ago, stig of the dump said:

I have just bought the Planetfall rulebook as I was quite excited about it(...) Should I wait a bit before diving into this?

Hi Stig.

Draco is right. The game is fun and playable and at the very least you will have some cool minis to paint.

Hopefully we'll get an update in the new year in which case I'm sure my local club will be putting on a tournament.

Whereabouts are you in the UK?

They are indeed great minis and well worth the time to paint. :)

@stig of the dump Sadly, table top Wargames tend to live off of their release schedule. There are 6 Full factions available right now and an Allied Helix for each. There will hopefully be a release in the new year to fuel interest. You should check your area and see if any gamers are interested. Also check the downloads section for free stats and rules. 

Hi, and thanks for the responses.

I am a long time gamer, almost exclusively historical, but with an interest in sci/fi. I have the commanders pack for Planetfall, Having thought about it a bit more I will wait before ordering figures I think.

@Zeph I am in Catterick, North Yorks, not too far from Sheffield.

Stig.

I have the main boxed game and several other sets to expand the forces.Really nice miniatures.Not played yet but i do hope to get around to it soon.

What faction do you like the look of Stig?

Relthoza got my attention and that is what i have the most of so far.

I am from County Durham.You might find someone to play at the Outpost games shop in Sheffield.