Sign in to follow this  
WestAustralian

RSN & Hawker Ind - Core Speculation

The Allied Cores are probably on the way... Eventually. So without worrying about when they will be released, I would love to speculate on them. 

So RSN and Hawker IND are probably first.  We have had a bit of a Preview of the Allied Helixes. Hawker Ind Aerial has the Sheriff and Guardian. RSN Assault has the Archangel, Seraph and the Temple. 

I would expect to see the RSN seraph light tank in the Core Helix. But none of the others. I can imagine the RSN will be Drop heavy as a force. They will probably have Drop Pod Infantry. 

The Hawker Ind helix does not really offer me any insight into their Core Helix. I would love to see them using Walkers for their "Tanks". Similar concept to the Sorylian and Relthoza but with a more "Human" look. 

So, any ideas, dreams, clues?

lets keep it fun

WA

I supose Hawker would be like terrans with little difference. Maybe Elite. But slow and short ranged. Maybe a little higher DR with lower shields. Like in FA. 

I'd like something different. More mobile. Maybe hover with high speed but shorter ranges than Drezis and fishes. 

From their background Hawker seems to repurpose older equipment so I think they will look like the Terrans only bulkier. There is mention that they like to be fast so maybe some really fast APCs or a transport version of the sheriff would be awesome dropping an elite squad of Marines. The heavy and medium tanks imagine an extra layer of armor similar compared to their Terran counterparts. In Armada they have some cyberwarfare so maybe their lights could have a cyberwarfare weapon?

I agree that I think the RSN will be skydrop heavy. From their background I think, and hope, that their heavy and medium units are robots. I think it would also be awesome if there infantry were all heavy infantry in power suits. The option of a drop pod similar to the dindrenzi would also be really cool. Just my thoughts.

Another Helicopter for the Hawker Ind would be awesome. A flying APC would rock. I doubt they will go down that path. I would have liked attack helicopters instead of the jets in the allied helix. But the jets are still cool. 

RSN Heavy Infantry Robots are exactly what I want to see and Paint. 

I would think the Hawker Ind Core will be tracked or wheeled. It would surprise me if they got walkers. I could see RSN having core walkers

The Terran Assault walkers don't really interest me. The sculpts don't beg me to paint them

WA

As much as I would love to see Works Raptor (my favourite faction) get some core helix love, I think with the rumours of a 3rd edition of Armada on the way, then the Bakash and veydreth might see some releases. It would make sense and maybe tie both game systems tighter together. Just a thought.

On 10/7/2016 at 0:14 PM, Commodore Jones said:

Yuck no, to hell with the movies!

I want the suit design Bandai came up with for the anime.

That was from the Invasion Anime not the film....

I definitely prefer it to the Chronicles Anime:

ape_marauder_by_bcampo-d4v9v6z.jpg