Nicoli17

Indomitable Class Battle Carrier

I'd very much like to see a Terran Battle Carrier, but what do you think the Battleship mode would look like? Would it be a new stat profile, or just a duplicate of one of the existing ships? 3 distinct Battleships seems like an awful lot. 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:19 PM, Ghost Stepper said:

I'd very much like to see a Terran Battle Carrier, but what do you think the Battleship mode would look like? Would it be a new stat profile, or just a duplicate of one of the existing ships? 3 distinct Battleships seems like an awful lot. 

Maybe in its alt mode it can transform into the long overdue Sorylian mk 2 Battleship? :P

My only concern is whether the ships will still be modular, because the battle carrier when originally shown was a modular ship. The 3e rulebook mock up shows a ship which looks like the indomitable with the top section removed, so I thought it would be the battleship version - hopefully they have still kept that feature of the model.

aedb1b0613199130f5b26c4cec9d762c_origina

5 hours ago, Skyhawk said:

How do I ping him? I am still getting used to all the forum features

you use the @ symbol, followed by his name, ill ping him for you

14 hours ago, Skyhawk said:

Would you be willing to tell us excited Terrans if the Indomitable will still be modular

@Spartan Neil 

That is a good looking ship. I think I found another favorite. 

I do hope it will have its own rule set as well. I don't need three Apollo/ Razorthorns, but I guess I could always run it as the battlecarrier.

Loving the new models, especially the Light Destroyers.

Looking forward to see what they do to differentiate all the different ships that occupy the relatively same design space, if there aren't any major changes to any of the ships going into 3.0. Considering that the Hawker ships will be fully incorporated into the Terran/Hawker lists, some of the tiers are getting awfully crowded. Not that this is a bad thing mind you, options are always good.

Especially the Carries spot is getting really crowded, 4 ships there already. And once you consider that one Battleship and the Battle station also can bring SRS, that is 6 different ships all bringing SRS to the fight. How are they going to differentiate all the options? The Ares/Zenith are pure Carriers, the Regent carries less SRS  but can instead hit really hard, especially if you bring a couple of cruisers along. The Solars is pretty similar, but with even fewer SRS. The Regent and Solar are just shy of being as tanky as say the Tyrant, with the Ares/Zenith not far behind them. Looking at this pattern makes it seem like the new Battle Carrier could end up being very similar to the Tyrant, just with more WC.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

14 hours ago, Sesarius said:

Especially the Carries spot is getting really crowded, 4 ships there already.

sorry I disagree there can't be enough choices take the Zenith you can reuse her as a troop transport or a suport carrier to keep the main carrier in the fight longer in really large games . 

1 hour ago, murphy'slawofcombat said:

I am very excited to see pic. of new Terran ships BUT are they real models or are they still something that is just an idea. Please excuse me for being a little conserned  about new  stuff being released. 

These are real, almost live 3D renders for the Kickstarter Core Expansion add-on. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:26 PM, Skyhawk said:

With Firestorm having been purchased by Warcradle, what will become of the much anticipated Indomitable? Will they release her in the new edition? Or is she doomed to never exist? 

(7 months late on this post, lol) I'd be so sad if the Indomitable was relegated to blueprints only.  I was super excited for the Task Force stuff and would love to see them get re-released. There were a lot of things I didn't get at the time because of finances...