Sign in to follow this  
Johntomass

ETA on task force stats for rest of the models?

Can anyone official get back to us on even a rough eta for the task force stats for current models, the game is pretty good but it's a shame there is no stats for the rest of the models its stopping me buying fleets to be honest. 

I don't have enough time for full armada games at the moment and task force is a pretty good substitute it would be nice to get some information any information to be honest on the furthering of the game. It's sad that it's kind of been left to stagnate 

The Dystopian Wars : Fleet Action fast rules now have stats release for ALL the ships.

The same treatement could be applied to Task Force...

Is someone still in charge here ?

Hi Everyone,

We apologies for the delay in delivering the task force stats. There has been some changes around in the rules development team recently and we are now taking the Task Force stats for all factions and ships forward. 

We intend to have the first batch of new unit stats posted up soon, we will let you know on the forums when there are any updates.

Watch this space!

I was excited at first to see the different generations of the ships listed separately - I thought at first they had different stats.  But, alas not.  It would have been fun if they were slightly different (maybe older versions lightly cheaper and slightly less power).  Would have been thematically interesting. 

Interesting, but it would mean that rules for models would exist despite not being available. This in turn would mean models would be proxied, posibly leading to confusion on the table.

I think the intent was so there would be no doubt as to what ship had what stats, but in practice it does bloat the docs. 

Good intentions, but you know what they say about those:D

Just waiting for Hawker and Raptor just so if I can see if my insomiac rambling was anyway close to the mark!

3 hours ago, Hive said:

Interesting. Clearly there was a good effort in porting the stats and roles in. Welp, we have a complete game now.

There may have been a good effort, but Spartan's computers need to have their spell check and grammar check software updated. Or at least get a proofreader on the hook.

Dont want to sound ungrateful (I'm very happy I've got these, and looking forward to my first huge-scale battle on the new 10x5 foot table in my garage...), but one thing that is standing out as missing for me is the Planetary Defense platforms.

e.g. The Terran Palisade battlestation is there, but not the associated Defence Platform stats.

Terran - Missing

Directorate - Present (Tier 2 Defense Platform)

Dindrenzi - Present (Tier 2 Defense Platform)

Aquan - Present (Tier 2 Defense Platform)

Relthoza - Present (Tier 2 Defense Platform)

Sorylian - Present (Tier 2 Defense Platform)

Interestingly, the Terran stat book is the only one with 3 pages - the others are all 4 and 5. But I think its only the one unit missing, as cross-checking all the Armada fleet guide units to the TaskForce, the issues I've spotted are:

• Hauberk Heavy Cruiser is classified as Tier 3 instead of Tier 2
  • Missing Tier 2 Defense Platform

EDIT: Would also be nice (hint hint) to have Valhalla's Taskforce stats in there too :)

the main reason that the others are longer is that all ships are in there twice, (old an new Name)

or in case of the sorylian falx it is the same Name,

proof reading would be nice.

Also not to sound ungrateful but..

where is the rule book?

where are the other factions?

why were the TF sets setup with incomplete squadrons for FA if this was a introduction game? 

For my area this pretty much has no interest. Had full squadrons been in the box. Had the main rule book been released a few months after the main release. Had all ship stats been released a few months after the rule book PDF. Then we might have had something. Right now it feels like they are putting twigs on a fire long out.