Sign in to follow this  
Rocy7

Using Halo ships in FSA

8 minutes ago, Kurgan said:

I believe that's a question you should ask your local community not the general worldwide forum.

My local communitiny see no problem if the scale is right. So I ask my question in other way I do not have my FSA models if Halo Fleet Battles models will fit in the same scale as the FSA?

If those who will be your opponents don't mind then go for it! I've not seen any Halo ships in the flesh, but I don't see them being massively out of scale with each other (same company and all!).

From what I know about HFB, the UNSC ships have frontal, long range firepower. If so, the Dindrenzi or Xelocians would be the best fit, as these have similar focus. Would the Covenant have a more rounded load out? Aquans would probably be the best fit, going on looks if nothing else! Directorate would do as well.

Hope you Enjoy FSA! And welcome to this end of the Forums:)

As in, you want to design FSA stats for Halo ships? Or you want to use Halo plastic to proxy Firestorm resin?

This is a question for your local community. The scale doesn't really matter too much, they're a touch smaller across the board but they'll suffice. The bases are completely different sizes though. That's where you'll have trouble. The base sizes in Firestorm are important for the movement template and the SRS. You'll have to figure out how to get your Halo ships attached to Firestorm flight stands.

I want to use Halo plastic to proxy FSA resin. I more want to show the rich of tactical diversity in FSA races using Halo ships that showing the mechanics of move, so the diffrence in size of bases will do not matter for that purpose.

You can't play FA with "straight out of the box" Halo miniatures because the Halo basing system is incompatible with the FA rules.

If you want to proxy you'll have to put the Halo miniatures on FA bases.

Only modification work that needs doing to get the round flight pegs to fit is drilling out the square peg holes. That's it, after that, they'll go on the bases easily. Quite a lot of the UNSC line up would work in either a Terran or Dindrenzi fleet as various ships, aside from the Marathon and the Punic, which design wise are totally fugly... The Solar/Orion carrier idea came about when I realised I'd have two spare Orions doing nothing, so they got requisitioned into my Terran fleet. 

Can do the same for Covenant ships moonlighting in the Aquan fleet. RCS and CCS cruisers would fit in an Aquan fleet nicely I reckon. The ORS would probably make a nice Oannes stand in. The CAS, erm, not so much. Unless you want to proxy an Aquan Leviathan... Alternately, the HFB models would make good conversion fodder for a Pathogen fleet.