Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pugwash

Treadbike Question

Hi I have a question about the Treadbike.  In the ORBAT it has two weapons; (Twin Mounted LMG [F-90°], Model 4 Revolver) but not the Dual Wielding MAR.  Does this mean that the rider must choose which weapon to fire each activation (in which case the revolver is just there because of its value as a CQB weapon?)

I would say yes, you have to choose.

I don't really imagine Treadbike riders firing both the bike's LMG and their own sidearm at once.

Wouldn't the Revolver allow them to fire at Targets outside the frontal facing of the LMG? So it might have a use in that regard in some circumstance.

Yes, the Treadbikes can only fire one of their weapons a turn. 

The Twin MG does have a limited firing arc, but the movement for Cavalry is completely unrestricted. They can move in any direction and end the movement facing any direction unlike vehicles, and unlike HMG's they are not restricted on firing if they move or turn.

During the Treadbikes shooting phase they will never be unable to fire their MG's but be able to fire their pistols because you could always face them to using their MG's.

But I just saw that Overwatch doesn't appear to be restricted to just Infantry, so you could set a Treadbike unit on Overwatch. Then if the target unit ends their movement outside of the Fore arc then they could use their pistols to make their overwatch firing action.

I'll say that opportunity has never come up for me. The only use the Pistols had for me was as a CCW although my bikes were only in combat a couple of times. They were much to expensive and fragile to use in that manner because they don't get there Elusive bonus in CQB.

1 hour ago, roadkizzle said:

The Twin MG does have a limited firing arc, but the movement for Cavalry is completely unrestricted. They can move in any direction and end the movement facing any direction unlike vehicles, and unlike HMG's they are not restricted on firing if they move or turn.

During the Treadbikes shooting phase they will never be unable to fire their MG's but be able to fire their pistols because you could always face them to using their MG's.

But I just saw that Overwatch doesn't appear to be restricted to just Infantry, so you could set a Treadbike unit on Overwatch. Then if the target unit ends their movement outside of the Fore arc then they could use their pistols to make their overwatch firing action.

This was my thinking as well - that there would be very few situations in which the bikes couldn't fire the LMGs, but they still had a secondary weapon in the event that they needed it. As another example, they might need pistols to fulfil an "On My Mark" Order against an enemy charging them from outside that frontal fire arc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.