Endgame

Terrans Underway

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

I didn't know they were discontinued until recently.  There were still 3 on the shelf at one of my LGS last time I was there.

The complicated one for me was the tyrant, which I had to special order from spartan.  

And where would that LGS be ? :ph34r:

The Tyrant was a "new design" part of the first 2-player box, the new designs in the second (current) 2-player box aren't available outside of that box at all.

The game store I'm thinking of was in Fort Collins, Colorado, but its been a while (maybe a year?) since I've been there.  There is also another store in Rockville Maryland that had some on the shelf, IIRC, but I haven't been there in a while either.

7 minutes ago, Endgame said:

The game store I'm thinking of was in Fort Collins, Colorado, but its been a while (maybe a year?) since I've been there.  There is also another store in Rockville Maryland that had some on the shelf, IIRC, but I haven't been there in a while either.

Dang, wrong side of the pond...

Had a bit of a slowdown in painting, but I worked out a quick trial Missionary for where to put which colors.  I bought some tape to try to tape off the straight lines, but the tape I got is way too large for something as small as the strips on the Missionary.  I've started on the other 3 ships but will be sticking with sloppy stripes on the frigates for now.  

large.MissonaryTop.jpg.1a1cda6b97e5b8759

Has anyone tried painting bridges on the Missionaries?    The only spot that makes sense is under the top turret, but I'm not sure I love that for a bridge - I'd love to see what someone else has done, but a search on the forums doesn't show anyone with painted bridge windows.

I've seen the cruisers with painted bridges, but the only ones are by Knautscher. I actually modeled my Terrans off of his and have done pretty much the same but with blue instead of industrial yellow (couldn't make the yellow not look horrid). I've only got the battleship and one cruiser group painted and so I've never bothered taking pictures of them. Got distracted by literally every other faction under the sun.

Hope this helps:

8 hours ago, BluFlcn said:

I've seen the cruisers with painted bridges, but the only ones are by Knautscher. I actually modeled my Terrans off of his and have done pretty much the same but with blue instead of industrial yellow (couldn't make the yellow not look horrid). I've only got the battleship and one cruiser group painted and so I've never bothered taking pictures of them. Got distracted by literally every other faction under the sun.

Hope this helps:

Yep, that thread is where I got the idea for the Bridges on my Templars.  I didn't look closely at the other ships, though, and now that I look for it, it gives me some ideas.  Thanks for the link!

It took me way longer than anticipated, but I finished up the squad of missionaries.  The stripes still aren't perfect, but I want to move on to something different.  I think I want to hit my Hermes and Apollo next.  I have the Solar on the Painting table, but its lack of straight, flat area is going to make putting the stripes on difficult, so I'm thinking of skipping it for now.  

large.MissonaryFront.jpg.fa46a7376eea0ff

large.MissionarySide.jpg.afb80d8735df12e

large.MissionaryBack.jpg.644cfec46d757cf