WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

On 3/13/2017 at 8:27 PM, WestAustralian said:

I am not fully set up in the new house yet and there is lots of unusual Autumn rains so I pulled out some already undercoated miniatures. 

image.jpg

diidnt know you moved.............was it a far move or still around perth?   got any spiders over there? watched that doc again and scared the sh=- out of me

Thanks Tansalus. I am going to start with the easy and fun stuff. 

Hi @alamo , short move. I am still in the Perth hills. New house was empty for over a year. We have been dealing with lots of Spiders since moving in. I killed 18 Redbacks in 2 Weeks. Lots of white tip spiders too. I found a couple of Funnel webs at the old place. The old shed has 2 Wolf spiders that are a foot long. 

Speaking of spiders, I have some lovely Relthoza to finish off..... Maybe next up. 

A Little Terran WIP. Weapon base colours done and Bases done .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Weapon highlights and Camo pattern next

thanks for looking

WA

I have been able to sneak in a few sessions  over the week and weekend. I find the Painting time relaxing. 
I took a lot of mixed photos, I will do my best to explain them. 

Terran Heavy Helix Camo Completed
image.jpg

Some Weapon an Camo detail
image.jpg

Semi-gloss coated Terrans and under coated Aquans
image.jpg

Terran Heavies Completed
image.jpg

Aquan Progressing 
image.jpg

I did the Dellingr and based Huscarl a while back. But I Magnetised the stowed Huscarl and did not paint them. With the Terran Heavies out I took the chance to Paint the Huscarl. 
image.jpg

image.jpg

I really like how their windows came up. That is a Painted reflection not an actual reflection. 
image.jpg

image.jpg

Aquan Bases ready for Aquan Units. 
image.jpg

Next up is the Aquan Lamana and Stingrays. After that I will probably confront my Dindrenzi. I did not record the paints I used on my First Dindrenzi so now I have to rediscover them. 

Thanks for looking. Comments Appreciated. 

WA

Hi All,

thanks for the great comments guys, your support helps me keep going

I have had a really busy week and weekend, hardly had time to pick up a brush. 

Inspired by @Big_0 's Awesomely painted Terran's. (Huge Force, make sure you check out his thread) I had to undercoat and wash my Terran Command Vehicle. 

image.jpg

I finished a basic Scheme on my Aquan Stingray's . One step closer to full core

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey @Nuck Fewton. Bigger picture attached, hard to photograph these guys

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

comments appreciated 

WA

Thanks for the Great comments and all the likes. It really encourages me to keep going

---Update as Promised---

The major project over the last week was the Terran Command unit. I blame @BigO. His massive and awesome Terran Force Inspired me to dump the Aquans (check out his thread)
I decided to paint the interior a lighter colour, giving it a better contrast to the infantry. I really like how this model has the internal details. It adds so much to the model. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And then some work on the Camo and details. I start the Camo with a Brown stripe over the green base. Then I line one side with very dark grey and the other with black. It is a non uniform Camo to keep it quick and simple. I always keep some painted models handy for reference, they way I can keep some consistency across the army. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image upload no compression

That is the Camo done on all the components, I still have all the main body to Camo up. 

I have a few of the medium sized bunkers made, but I never got around to making any large or small bunkers. Time to change that. I build them with the cardboard as a guide and support, until the glue dries. I undercoat them white, spray with grey, then spatter with white. Sort of concrete looking

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So work will continue on the Terran's. I might even do some more of their infantry.... Probably not. 
Lots of painting yet on the weapon details, Main body Camo and Windows etc. 

Thanks for looking, Likes are liked, comments truly appreciated. Have a great week. 

WA

Fantastic work mate!

I must say, I've got a mixed feelings about camo effects on miniatures. My experiences with camo on 28mm models were rather underwhelming. While up close those models might look terrific (like in your case), from a tabletop distance they usually look like mono-colour blobs. Which, in fact, is exactly what camo should do! Nonetheless, in my painting I prefer rather pronounced colours and paint schemes - just for the cool factor. :-) Something along the lines: "Hey! We are wearing bight yellow uniforms, so you can clearly see us from the distance. We are not afraid of a shell and bullet hailstorm. You should fear us as soon as you see us! (...which actually never happens. ;-) )"

To be fair, if you'll keep updating this thread, I think I'm going to dust off my Planetfall starter and paint the minis. Or even buy some more Planetfall stuff! :-) In fact, due to the game status and game neglect by Spartan, quite often there are some nice deals for Planetfall...

Another Week! With a long weekend to give me a bit of extra time to paint. 

Thaks to all of you for your Views, Likes and Comments, I literally would not do this without you all. 

@Nuck Fewton it would be great to have a game with you, I have not played in ages. 

@Voyager I understand the Camo issue in games. I have had armies in 28mm where I forgot about whole units because of their Camo. With Planetfall I use a lot of city terrain, and my bush tiles are much lighter shades than my Terran forces. So the Camo ironically makes them stand out. 

@alamo thanks so much, it was a great week. Now it's your turn to have a great week :)

@Zeph happy to share the idea, glad to see the terrain pics were liked. 

So this week was a big one for me, I was able to finish a bunch of stuff that was almost done. 

A few in progress shots of my Terran Command

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And a completed unit, with my Core

image.jpg

This was a great model to paint, lots of neat detail. The Interior is a wonderful touch. Though no where big enough to contain a Grand Company of Infantry. 

My Relthoza Spires and Nodes were almost complete, so I got them done too.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Relthoza are a Bone colour heavy force. I wanted the drones to stand out on the spires so I made the main spire Black with grey highlights rather than bone. I feel it sticks with the theme.

My Aquan Core was also on my Table. All the other vehicles were done, so it was just the Lamana to go.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really like the Aquans they are nice looking models that provide a variety of textures. I know that Blue is very common on Aquan forces, but I just had to go blue. 

Next up Dindrenzi. I did the unit of Leto as a colour test ages ago, but forgot to record the colours I used. So now I have to rediscover them

image.jpg

It looks like a busy week for me ahead. But if I can make some headway on these guys I will be thrilled.

I also took a couple of shots showing a light vehicle from each of the core races. Just to display their individual Race Colour Schemes

image.jpg

image.jpg

As Always Thanks for Looking. 

Likes and Comments Greatly Appreciated 

WA

Thanks Everyone for the Great Comments and Likes. It really helps. 

I was unwell for a few days this week so I lost some painting time. I did my best with what I had. I also lost some time with colour testing for my Dindrenzi. 

So I got the Leto done, and some work on some others;

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also did some undercoating on my Sorylian;

image.jpg

I would also like to do a bit of Cross Promotion, I have started re-loading my FSA fleets into a new thread on the FSA hobby forum. 

Thanks for the Support

WA

Thanks @VoyagerI like the "lich/necromancer" description 

Thanks for the feedback @alamo, always appreciated 

Thanks @Skyhawk. I have a few more Terran units lined up after the Dindrenzi core

When I was painting the Terran Core I noticed the anti air turrets have a little window I missed. I have gone back and painted them now

image.jpg

The Dindrenzi are progressing slowly, but they are Progressing. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have started my first objective token

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

WA