WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

Thanks @alamo it took me a while to come up with the Relthoza colour scheme, but I am very Happy with the result. 

I took some shots comparing the various "Light Tank" units I have painted

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am interested in getting Feedback on what has essentially become my painting blog. What do you like to see/read? Just the finished model pictures? Works in progress? Pictures of where I paint and what I paint with? Do you like to read long descriptive stories of my process or a quick intro? Do you want to hear my opinions of the miniatures? Do you like scenic pictures of previously shown mini's? Do you want to hear about me and my hobby experience?

feel free to comment here or PM me. 

Thanks for Looking, Liking and commenting. 

WA

Thanks for the Input @Zeph

I have done some more work on my Ullr MKII Medium Shield Tanks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I thought through lots of colours before settling on grey

I didn't want to use Blue, because I use blue on the Terran Windows. I felt Green would not stand out enough against the Camo. I already have Red-Orange-Yellow in use elsewhere. So I picked Grey to White. 

I used Model Colour: London Grey - Light Grey - Sky Grey - Off White

I also did the base colour on my Jakariss (first image above)

now on for something different 

image.jpg

image.jpg

The colour test for my RSN Seraph is not exactly what I imagined but it's growing on me 

thanks for looking. 

Feedback greatly appreciated 

WA

Thanks @Seb I am very happy with the Ullr MKII . I have started on the MKI turrets. 

The Seraph have a grey Wash on the white areas. It is not very dark, so I get a crisp white. I am doing another test model with the White in different areas and I will use a more highlight-able red. I have a few colours in mind

My Terran Core

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the first Core Helix where I have finished all the Vehicles. I still need to confront the Infantry. I really should finish my Directorate Core Helix first, I still have the Desolator to go. 

I worked all weekend again. I am hoping to get a decent painting session in soon

WA

I have gotten back onto my Directorate

image.jpg

I really wanted to finish off the Desolator. The final vehicle in my Core Helix

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a weapon colour for my Relthoza , it is a lime green highlighted through yellow to white. The photo has not worked too well

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

WA

Thanks @Barolde I wanted something Organic and threatening 

I have done a bit of work on my Relthoza this weekend. I have been really enjoying painting this force, the Relthoza small units are packed with details 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I decided to create a consistent feature of the centre stripe on my Directorate Mini's. This meant going back over a few turrets with a re-paint. New one on the left.

image.jpg

And Finally some Work in Progress. This will be the biggest Planetfall miniature I have done so far. I will be spending some extra time on it 

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

I hope you liked what you saw

WA

Thanks @alamo glad to know you like them. 

Thanks @Oramion the Relthoza are fun. I can see what you are saying on the Directorate, but the consistency is what I am after. These are the Directorate:

image.jpg

I went mad and snapped a bunch of in-progress photos of my Directorate Nemesis. I ran out of time, so I am not sure if it is done yet

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking, likes and comments appreciated 

WA

Thanks for the comments @tansalus and @alamo. The  Nemesis was the first Directorate model I got, but it has taken a while for me to get the confidence to paint them. 

First up some group shots of the Relthoza

image.jpg

image.jpg

@alamo I will do a step by step break down of the Blue on the second Nemesis. I have Undercoated and washed so far. Wash will not be dry tonight. I will continue tomorrow 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Other Works in Progress 

Relthoza and Terran

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

WA

As requested by @alamo I have made a breakdown of the Blue I used on my Directorate. I base coat with Citadel Alaitoc Blue. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then cover the middle of the area with Citadel Lothern Blue. I try to feather the edges with Drybrushing and leave some of darker blue around the edges

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next is Citadel Baharroth Blue. Same technique as previous colour. Trying to leave a blend of the base blue and mid blue around the edge. Also try to get a good light shade in the centre area.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hope this was interesting in some way

thanks for looking

WA

No worries @alamo I hope it was an interesting read. I don't do anything fancy with my miniatures, I go for Simple, Quick and Effective. Doing the step by step also gave me the push I needed to finish the unit. 

And here are the Finished Nemesis Walkers:

image.jpg

The Nemesis and Purgation together ready to Assault the enemy:

image.jpg

It is nice to have finished off the Assault Helix. The Directorate and Dindrenzi Assault Helix boxes were my first purchases and the whole reason I started my Planetfall experience. I put off the Nemesis out of fear of messing them up. Now that they are done I am very happy with the result.

I suppose my next main painting project will be trying to finish my Relthoza Core Units. But the bone effect takes a while so I will have painting breaks on the go. I want to finish my Dindrenzi Aerial Helix and my Terran Aerial Helix.

Also I need to overcome my fear of painting Infantry. I think I will try my Terran Infantry first.

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated 

WA