WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

DO YOU EVER STOP PAINTING?!

HOW?

WHAT IS YOUR SECRET? TELLLLLL MEEEEEEEEE

My gosh man, you're on fire. I'm sitting here with the same 20 models I have been working on for the past 3 months and there you are will yet another update. If painting were an Olympic sport, I would be having the officials drug screen you; just sayin'. This much efficiency, it's not natural, man. It's abhuman.

Everyone know's wargamers procrastinate, you're ruining our bell curve you outlier, you.

Thanks @ONI  I appreciate the kind words 

Actually I try to paint everyday, even if only for 15min. Some days I can get 4 hours, those are awesome days. Most days it's half an hour to an hour. 

Last night I got about a half an hour in. Got some progress on my Terran force

image.jpg

A few more details on the Valkrie and they will be done. Yay

I trade sleep for painting time and I fuel on carbs. Painting is my meditation. Drug testing would find high levels of caffeine...... And Pigment in my bloodstream...

Once I have a colour scheme in mind I can't wait to get stuck into the models. But I will have models hang around for a while, considering my colours. The Dindrenzi were hanging around about a month and had a few tests that failed. I have models from a fourth force that I am still considering colours. Almost ready to do a test piece

I really enjoy painting. Awesome miniatures like Spartan make it super fun and easy to get great results.

Comments and "Likes" inspire me to paint more and to push my standard further. When I get comments I try to respond with new pics. Do people like to see Inprogress pictures? Or just the finished result?

BTW; happy to ruin the bell curve :)

Thanks to everyone for the "likes" and the awesome feedback, you provide me the energy I need. And thanks to all the other Painters who post here, you Inspire me.

WA

I personally much prefer seeing the progress of WIPs as opposed to just seeing the final result. I feel like I'm taking the journey with the painter when I see the process and like it's showing me the painter's take on techniques, etc. And I'm glad the comments and likes help to fuel your creative juices, you deserve them! :) 

On 28/8/2016 at 2:58 AM, WestAustralian said:

Thanks @William Adama
Um "nerf" ?

Nerf: To weaken or make less dangerous. Taken from the "Nerf" brand name, which makes sports equipment toys out of a soft foam (e.g., the Nerf football is soft foam rather than the hard leather of a real football). Used frequently in the context of computer game balance changes. 

It's the first thing I learned from online gaming: you need a nerf because you are too efficient, fast and skilled: I don't you if you are a cyborg or a human without the need to sleep but your work is amazing...those windshields are real!

Guys we must WA as our example!

Thanks for sharing,

Adama.

Thanks @William Adama for explaining Nerf and thanks for the great comments. 

I particularly enjoy painting blue windshields, I found a simple set of colours and a simple method that gets me a result I enjoy. 

Working on other Terrans

image.jpg

And and a preview of some units I have waiting for me to paint

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking 

WA

Thanks @alamo I will get the colours out and list them

Thanks @tansalus the Dellingr will be a fun and challenging piece, lots of Camo Area. Lots of nice details too. 

I tried to get some photos of the details on the underside of the Hermoor. Painted the missiles and fueltanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A Gathering of Light Units 

image.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you like what you see. 

WA

I spent some time last night laying down the base colour on my new force

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I will be bringing the claws up as grey white. And I will be adding another to add some 'Pop'

i almost did the base a different look to my other armies but decided to keep them all matching.

Thanks for looking

WA

Glad to show you something you were hoping to see. 

I have been sitting on the Relthoza for a while, tossing multitudes of colour schemes around in my head. Finally settled on a base bone colour. I am still finalising where my highlights go

I did not get much painting time in on the weekend. I did a few layers on some more Relthoza. I hope to finish off these guys soon. I also got the bases done on a couple more Terrans, some details too.

image.jpg

I have also done a couple of display boards and a couple of bunches of trees. So now I am not restricted to Urban backgrounds 

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

WA

Thanks @tansalus glad you like them

I have seen your Relthoza, they are pretty sweet

I have been so distracted lately, hardly had time to paint. I am still considering highlights for my Relthoza.

i have a little WIP on the base colour

image.jpg

I hope to show some more progress by tomorrow 

More progress

image.jpg

I was putting off doing the base for the drone node. I did not know if my simplified "Grass" colours would be blend able into the dirt shades. I am actually very happy with the result. 

I think my Pop colour will be coming from an Orange-Yellow-White highlight. I have started the test on the drone node and I like the direction it is going

thanks for looking 

WA

Edited by WestAustralian
Now with added blurb...

Sorry folks no Picture updates today. I have been working away for a bit. 

Hi @Zeph for the Bone effect I used a Black Primer/Undercoat. 

For the Base colour I used Model Colour - Burnt Umber thinned with Model Colour Thinner. 2 drops Burnt Umber to 1 Drop Thinner. 

The First of the highlights was done by adding Game Colour - Bonewhite to the remaining thinned Burnt Umber. On the smaller models a 50:50 mix will be fine. For a smoother gradient on bigger surfaces use 25:75 (bone-umber) then 50:50 and finally 75:25. 

Now, use a pure Game Colour - Bonewhite highlight. Then mix 50:50 with Model Colour Offwhite. Add more Offwhite to the mix so it's more like 75:25. Highlight very carefully with this mix as it can create noticeable lines. Again 25:75 can be used before 50:50

Now you like you can do a final pure Game Colour - Bonewhite highlight, but use it carefully and sparingly. 

Well I hope this has been interesting and possibly helped someone. 

I promise to get some new pictures up as soon as I can. 

WA

Thanks @alamo for the comment. It's great to hear. 

I have been pushing pretty hard. I just had a week of working away so I did not get any painting done. Thankfully I got to do a bit of painting today. I did the Grey Claws and face plate on my Namisc. I also got to pick the spot for the Orange Highlight

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has "Liked" and/or Commented. I really do appreciate the positive feedback 

WA